Begging for another Release System

But it can not be that we are in the middle of this and there is no PDF documentation. It is simply normal to generate one. Not for Xojo?

As far as I recall, Xojo stopped generating PDF docs a long time ago.

@Thorsten_Stueker Since you have it working, why not release this as an open source project for other users? Iā€™m sure they would appreciate it.

Do you really believe that I will do it so you are out of the need to do something? Idea: Iā€™ll deliver open Source if youā€™re delivering the Linux ide working fast secure and reliable.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s called kindnessā€¦

2 Likes

I would take the high road here tooā€¦

No thatā€™s called it is no other way to do. The high road? Isnā€™t it a high road going when no help is available for the users? I think it is. Anyhow we wrote it not with xojo, we start to develop in xojo when there is the time and after this point we will release as sourcecode. Satisfied?

1 Like

@Geoff_Perlman. My issue is the lack of IE11 support. Iā€™ve got a massive healthcare customer base still using IE11 and I also have to embed my web applications in 3rd party products from big suppliers whose browser is IE11. So, Iā€™m stuck on 2019r3 until I donā€™t have to rely on IE11. That will be many years to come.

I completely understand that going forward with Web 2.0 that you donā€™t support IE11 but my very serious worry is that you will not support 2019r3. If I hit a showstopper e.g. a security issue, Iā€™m left high and dry.

So, Iā€™m asking for the same help but for different reasons. Please support 2019r3 for those users who canā€™t move to Web2.0. Iā€™m not asking for new features, just bug/security fix releases.

4 Likes

They may have IE11 installed, but as I discovered, it may not be rendering in IE11 mode. Unless the page being served starts with:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>

and contains:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=11">

then the IE11 browser will tend to render in IE7 mode.

This is all any of us are asking for - a stake-in-the-ground LTS release that will get fixes regardless of the new features in new releases.

4 Likes

Hi Jim,

We will do what we can to help should you run into anything that is a showstopper. We can even help with patches to the client-side Xojo Web framework should the issue be there.

I know that in healthcare and insurance they move very slowly in terms of upgrading technology. Have they put together a plan as to when they will upgrade from IE11? Even Microsoft will stop supporting it sometime next year.

We have around 800 customers with Panel PC with IE11ā€¦I did not even think about what will be happenedā€¦

If you run into an issue, contact us and we will help get it resolved.

1 Like

The problem will come up because we shall change the device software for one customer. If we get this we will have a problem with the panel of and ie11 thatā€™s why I am looking on it but I have to do tests before

Geoff, sorry but to get blocked when speaking trues while Martin t thinks is not okay is bringing me to the point that this relationship ends. I will not accept to get this behavior by somebody I can not even write to. You should think about your idea of customer communication at all. I am really upset because if it is not positive then it will be blocked.

Best regards

2 Likes

Thorsten, your posts need to be flagged by several users and not just one to be hidden by the forum software, it is not Geoff marking them or any of the moderators. The moderators then need to review the flagged post to take action (delete, remove the flag, etc.)

1 Like

You know ehat: it was not off topic because the post described the situation of different syntax handling of xojo what makes it impossible to reuse code. And sorry that I wrote it. It isnā€™t true that xojo works on this topics because this is the mess between the apis of xojo byself what cannot be cleared cause this would cause another change. So where it was at this point off topic. To love to read only positive is not helping.

I have never moderated any post you have ever made.

We, the moderators, rarely moderate a post that we havenā€™t gotten complaints about. Either via the forumā€™s flag functionality, direct messages on the forums, or via email. We do not act on things that do not violate our guidelines. If there is some confusion as to what guidelines you have violated to cause your post to be actioned, you are welcome to message one of us and we will be happy to answer to the best of our ability.

As for posts that are hidden, these are due to the effected post receiving three or more flags from members of the community. We, the moderators, do not flag posts as we take direct action if we see a violation.

I encourage you to re-read the forum guidelines at your convenience.

1 Like