Welcome to the Xojo community, we’re happy you’re here! We want everyone to get the most out of Xojo and the Xojo community, please read and follow these guidelines to participate in our support forum.
Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.
These are not hard and fast rules, merely guidelines to aid the human judgment of our community and keep this a clean and well-lighted place for civilized public discourse.
Do not harass the people who work at Xojo. This website is our workplace, we want to help everyone be successful with Xojo and solve problems. Don’t forget that we are people too and a part of the community, so please treat us with respect.
Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
- Ad hominem attacks
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation. Don’t keep posting the same argument over and over again.
Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police. When you see bad behavior, flag it for a moderator to review.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time.
Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, trolling, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t SPAM or mass-advertise to forum members via private messages or any other means.
- Discussion of or links to to competitive products or services may be removed at moderator’s discretion.
- Discussion of or links to blogs or websites that share privileged or internal Xojo company information (financials, personnel, etc.) is not permitted.
You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.
Do not post code that you do not have permission to post from the author, or is not licensed appropriately for public dissemination (such as MIT, GPL, LGPL).
We don’t like having to moderate but sometimes violations do happen. In those rare cases, they will be dealt with as follows:
- Removal of comment - Any comment that violates the rules will be removed.
- Locked Thread - A thread that continuously goes off topic or violates any guidelines can be locked.
- Warning - A member who repeatedly violates the moderation rules will receive a warning. Three warnings results in permanent suspension.
- 30 Day Suspension - Any user who personally attacks another member of the community will be suspended for 30 days per moderator’s discression. Any additional rule violations will result in a permanent suspension.
- Permanent Suspension - A member who receives 3 warnings will then be permanently suspended.
- Automatic Suspension - A member who posts or links to inappropriate, SPAM, offensive or illegal material will be immediately suspended from the forum and the post will be deleted.
Add an avatar to your profile so we know who you are! Avatars can either be provided via Gravatar or you can upload your own. Any user who uploads inappropriate content is subject to automatic suspension from the forum.
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.