XDC2015 Open Conversation - Day 1

[quote=183480:@Kem Tekinay]Plugins:

Changing the format. (Will be able to write plugins in Xojo.)
Can be local.
Can include resources.
Will compile to LLVM bit code.
Can be global or local to a project.[/quote]
Does this mean we will get access to real threads in Xojo? Or will we have to stick to C/C++ plugins to use real threads?

Geoff now talking about Windows.

Windows 7 is the bulk of the Windows market now (with good reason, IMO). Between that and Windows 8, it makes up 80% of the Windows market. To move forward, they are going to drop XP support (to big applause).

The new plugin format allows you to include shared libraries in your plugin that you can declare to. Those libraries will have to be what’s doing the pre-emptive threading (or stick with the existing SDK).

Whoaaa finally :smiley:

Only question is… when?

Later this year/early next year, but before the next XDC.

With the 64-bit version, they are expecting your old projects to “just work”. That will be nice.

Ok thanks. That still won’t solve a lot of the difficulties with declares in iOS though… right? (async callbacks on unmanaged threads, dispatch queues, etc)

And that’s the end of the keynote.

You’ll be able to write code in Obj-C/C/C++ and include it in the plugin, which is something you can’t do now.

Future looks bright.

Cant wait for release 3 version. So many goodies

Looking forward to all these great new capabilities!

What they are expecting in 2015r3 (doing this from memory):

• 64-bit
  • Web drag and drop
  • iOS container controls

And now my memory fails. Will others fill in the blanks?

Kem, I was slightly unclear about the timeline for retina support - can you briefly summarize again?

[quote=183504:@Kem Tekinay]What they are expecting in 2015r3 (doing this from memory):

• 64-bit
  • Web drag and drop
  • iOS container controls

And now my memory fails. Will others fill in the blanks?[/quote]
Raspberry Pi support!!!

They are expecting Retina support in 2015 Q4. But as always, nothing is written in stone.

2015 Q4

So estimated timeline for Retina support for IDE and built apps is Q4, thanks.

Great news :slight_smile:
hope r3 coming soon :slight_smile:

A session on Lightspeed POS now.