Who has reverted to 2012 IDE

@Eduardo, yes I may have been a little over the top, to get my point across. I wish they would be able to issue a patch to fix the inability to hide palettes or toolbars or that silly thing on the left that you can’t make go away completely. I want to be able to hit a button and see the whole interface and go from there. All that ‘noise’ on the screen should be configurable.

@Brent Eamer, you can hide the palettes. Just click on the button of the active palette and it will go away, it’s a toggle on/off. As for hiding the toolbar, I think that is coming. For example, is the library palette visible? Click the Library button on the toolbar.

I recently started a new commercial project. I had the choice between Delphi and the new Xojo. I decided to give Xojo the benefit of the doubt. I thought the IDE looked good and Delphi has quite a bit annoyances. So far, I feel that I have made the right choice. I experienced 1 (one) crash of the IDE until today and I work say 8-10 hours a day with Xojo. And yes, there are some issues like the dimensions of the toolbars, some strange behavior and some glitches. I trust that in the coming release this will be fixed.

I like Xojo overall, at least the Mac IDE. I finally got all of my Mac projects working in Cocoa thanks to the improved Cocoa debugging. The numerous glitches are annoying but don’t seriously impede my work.

Xojo the Dancing IDE in Windows is a bit too much, however, but I do my coding in OS X and only use the Windows IDE for tweaking the Windows builds. Unfortunately, the rotating graphics glitch in Windows makes release builds for Windows in Xojo impossible. I have to use 2012r2 to get presentable Windows builds. That is a significant problem.

Do you know the feedback case number? I just experienced this problem myself and haven’t gotten around to reporting it. Knowing that there’s already a case open for it I’ll just add my votes to it.

Thanks

Here it is: <https://xojo.com/issue/27265> . It was closed a few hours ago as “not reproducible”.

I’ve held off on doing my major projects in Xojo due to a couple bugs that affected VCP, but those bugs are marked as fixed for the next release. Once it’s released, I’ll happily switch over to the new IDE. I’ve been impressed with Xojo Inc.'s rate of bug fixes in the new IDE.

i wish we can make the navigator much smaller than the current size

Hi,

I’m working actually with RS for my currents projects. My experience with Xojo IDE has been really unfortunate. I lose valuable time with large projects.

Regardless of the errors to be solved, in my opinion, the IDE must rethink or leave it with the features of Real Studio.

That’s rather astonishing. It’s a consistent problem for me that continues unabated.

Well given whats attached to the report we’ve been unable to reproduce it on all the platforms noted.
If there’s something else we need to do / try then we’re certainly willing to reopen a case if we get more information that shows the problem.

[quote=19068:@Norman Palardy]Well given whats attached to the report we’ve been unable to reproduce it on all the platforms noted.
If there’s something else we need to do / try then we’re certainly willing to reopen a case if we get more information that shows the problem.[/quote]
What platforms? I’m only seeing the problem in Windows and it’s consistent. Xojo is useless for Windows builds at present. The BevelButton icons rotate 180º every time the debugger is run in the Windows IDE and they rotate in the Windows builds whenever there is a MouseEnter event. The problem is consistent in Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. It does not occur in OS X, except that the Windows builds from the Mac IDE also rotate the icons on MouseEnter.

As a side note, setting a breakpoint in a thread causes a ThreadEndException error in the debugger that kills the debug app upon resume. That makes debugging threads with breakpoints a bit of a challenge.

It will get better for Windows (it just has to).

Create a very simple project that shows the problem and add it to the case. Add all the systems you’ve duplicated this on (os, memory, etc) and the steps to reproduce it. Heck, if you can, add a small video. Give them a chance to see what you’re seeing. You should do that for the thread debugger exception as well.

How goes the saying, “help me, help you”; or some silly thing like that.

This is one of those instances where “not reproducible” get’s the user upset. What it really means is “Not reproducible on the version of software under development at Xojo”. In other words it’s been fixed as part of another case.

I had a feedback item closed that I had never been able to NOT see the error on 7 straight computers at the time. To this day I have been able to reproduce the error on all but one computer (probably on 15 different computers) on all kinds of different O/S and versions. I even posted a video of it with the feedback item. But still…“not reproducible”. Very frustrating at times.

It was tested on Windows linux & OS X

I cant get it to rotate the icon on mouse enter, exit etc
So there’s something I’m not doing that perhaps you are ?
Is there some code in the mouse enter that maybe causes this (reassigning an icon or something?)

That should not be the case so I’m guessing there’s a bug we need to look at
A sample would help

Not really
I can’t reproduce all of the items Carl listed using 2013r1
I do see the icon flip flop around in the IDE - but not at run time

AHA !!!
some success - no idea wh yit suddenly started doing it but it did
I see whats going on and IF I’m not mistaken this HAS already been fixed for the next release - case # 27259
Anyone who is a beta tester can verify this

Still have no idea about the mouse moves though

[quote=19079:@Norman Palardy]AHA !!!
some success - no idea wh yit suddenly started doing it but it did
I see whats going on and IF I’m not mistaken this HAS already been fixed for the next release - case # 27259
Anyone who is a beta tester can verify this

Still have no idea about the mouse moves though[/quote]
In my app, the MouseEnter event does change the BevelButton icon and the MouseExit event puts the original icon back, which rotates 180º each time. The same code does not do that when built in RS 2012r2 and it doesn’t happen in the Xojo Mac IDE or the Xojo Mac builds, it only happens in Windows.

Someone in the Windows forum told me that the problem has been fixed in the current beta build, so maybe it won’t be an issue once the beta build becomes the release build.

[quote=19068:@Norman Palardy]Well given whats attached to the report we’ve been unable to reproduce it on all the platforms noted.
If there’s something else we need to do / try then we’re certainly willing to reopen a case if we get more information that shows the problem.[/quote]
I’ve attached another project that demonstrates this bug reliably in Windows 7 using a BevelButton. Every time BevelButton.Icon is set (even if set to the same icon already shown), the image is flipped. The icon even flips in the window designer (harder to reproduce.)

For the ImageWell, setting the ImageWell.Image property triggers the bug.