Palette & Modal Dialog for Xojo Web 2.0

Small gift for the community. Given the current state of WebDialog and the removal of the palette version, I integrated the jsPanel library into Xojo.
Obviously not all the functionality is present because I integrated only those that I needed.

For those interested you can download the example with the class here.

12 Likes

Looks great, thank you for this.

I will try to see if there is a way for a child to minimize within the parent. I can only move the child within the parent and maximize works as expected.

1 Like

Yes, you can. I need to update the example to allow minimizeTo to be set. Now I donā€™t think I can, but I will surely do it.

1 Like

This is awesome, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Updated to version 1.0.1:

-Added ability to specify where to minimize the window. Parameters it accepts are (default,parent,parentpanel,Controlid)

New Link here.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Iā€™m no longer stuck in my project!
Great addition!

Updated to version 1.0.2:

-Fixed the problem that did not set correctly the top property

New Link here.

Do you know why, when I minimize the child:

• it takes all the parentā€™s width (I expected the same minimized width as other dialogs)
  • it only has the icon to maximize (I expected 2 icons, one to restore to the previous state and maximize button)

Unfortunately when specifying the controlID it has this behavior which is not up to me. I canā€™t tell if itā€™s a bug or intentional. There would be also a fourth parameter that is used to disable the function and involves manually writing code to place the dialog where you want. To get the effect you are looking for just set it to ā€˜parentā€™.

1 Like

Updated to version 1.0.3:

-Updated version of jsPanel v4.12.0 which fixes the minimizeTo issue.

New link here .

4 Likes

Hi Attilio,
thank you for share this usefull module.
Iā€™m not an expert user of Xojo, I try to find a way to run a method in the calling form when on the jsPanel I push a button.
I try with eventdefinition/addhandler/raiseevent but without success. Is there a way to do this?
Could you give me some suggestions?

Thank you
Oscar

Hi oscar,
unfortunately Iā€™m on vacation these days and have a hard time helping you. If you have patience to wait a few days I will try to create an example. Anyway from what I understand you have a WebContainer with a WebButton and what you need is to call a method that is present on the webpage? The process you described is correct. Define a new event (EventName), invoke the event with ā€œRaiseEvent EventNameā€ when you click the button. When you create the webContainer with (var t as new WebContainerpersonal) you have to add the directive AddEvent t.EventName,AddressOfMethodName . Another way to do the same thing is to use delegates.

Sorry for the unclear answer. If you canā€™t solve the problem I will try to post an example next week. If you need anything else feel free to write me in private :wink:

Source code released. Find all the details here:

3 Likes

Hi, Sir!

I would like to tell you that I highly appreciate your free gift to Xojo users. This utility is so great! Just a quick question and sorry for my ignorance. Where can I get the resource list of the HeaderLogo property? Is it from FontAwesome or Bootstrap?

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Never mind, I found it. Itā€™s from Bootstrap. Thanks!

1 Like