New pricing?

Exactly!

My head hurts!!! Life in the software world is becoming far too complex for my tired, old brain …

We could simplify it and have one license/price
$1999 per user period
Something tells me that would not go over well :stuck_out_tongue:

We could simplify it and have one license/price
$1 per user period
Something tells me that would over very well :smiley:
[except with Xojo’s accountants]

[quote=106669:@Dave S]We could simplify it and have one license/price
$1 per user period
Something tells me that would over very well :smiley:
[except with Xojo’s accountants][/quote]
And the subsequently unpaid engineers :slight_smile:

No no no, you don’t understand.
The engineers get paid from the magical fund of everlasting money.

If you buy a single platform license for $100 and a database license for $300, then are the renewals $100 and $150? Or do you pay the full $300 to renew the database license?

WAIT… I thought the engineers did it for the love… the pay was just for an occasional pizza and beer

And coffee, you forgot the coffee.

Considering I can’t have either of those, I suppose I’d starve.

I want my copy of Xojo for FREE - and if I don’t get it - I will SCREEEEEEEEEEEAM !

Well, on the end Xojo Inc has to find a model which works well for them.
Actually I know some people (including me) who have several licenses to give some extra money to them.

I’m still wide-eyed at the price for console. I imagine this is to cover services and the like, but makes it brutal for simple helpers like those required in OS X (for loginitems, and similar helpers :expressionless: )

I imagine I can still use older Xojo versions just for the console helpers, but still.

[quote=106749:@Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira]I’m still wide-eyed at the price for console. I imagine this is to cover services and the like, but makes it brutal for simple helpers like those required in OS X (for loginitems, and similar helpers :expressionless: )

I imagine I can still use older Xojo versions just for the console helpers, but still.[/quote]

It does feel overpriced relative to everything else, but they obviously want more people to go Pro.

• Karen

Yeah. It just seems a weird place to “push” for it. While Database is a clear differentiator in both usability and effort put into it, Console feels like a subset of Desktop.

I’m not demanding it should be changed, but I’d like it, since helper applications are so common in the platform of my choice.

Hi Beatrix,
I’m always open for suggestions. Enterprise may remind too many of old star trek times rather than, well, an Unternehmen, and for the Webinars: Paul has a weakness for alliterations, so the original title is “designing delightful databases” – I take that as a challenge. :wink:
But if something is irritating, please let me know.

Addendum: I derived “Unternehmen” rather from the “Unternehmer”, and the license is clearly for those who start start or run an enterprise and need (their developers) to be trained.

Can’t you just use a faceless app (an app without a window)?

I noticed that the new single Desktop license is not “Version Control Ready”? I assume that means you can only save in Binary format? If so that would be a deal breaker for me and I’ll would stick with my Xojo Pro license, which gives me things I don’t use, but I do like Tech Support getting back to me so quickly in the times that I do need it.

Correct the desktop licenses are binary only

[quote=106858:@Norman Palardy]

Correct the desktop licenses are binary only[/quote]

You mean just the new single platform only desktop right? The full multi-platform desktop should keep as usual.