New pricing?

Never noticed the increase previously.

Question… (and I will fwd to CustServ also)

Way back in Realstudio days I had a single platform license…(expires 2017) (basically what shows as the “new” 1st level)
So when Xojo came out I got xplat/desktop version (what is now the 2nd level)

Does this mean I remain at the level I am at now when I renew again in 2017?
and that my license access does not (now or then) revert to the lower level again?

Hi Dave,

No one’s licenses are being changed, we are just offering new licenses. Nothing that exists in your account will change.

:slight_smile: So the “upgrade” I got at no charge going from RS to Xojo stays in affect until 2017 (for me), and I can renew at this level for the renewal cost at that time.

Hi Dave,

I’ll look for your email to get into details about your licenses. But we didn’t offer free upgrades with Xojo, we just converted all RS licenses to Xojo licenses.

Alyssa, if you don’t mind, could you please give a reply here too?

I am in the same situation: I had a (windows) RS desktop license, it got transformed into a cross-platform Xojo desktop license, and in my next renewal, what will I have?

Thank you!

Julen

Can someone explain what the benefits of the Xojo Enterprise license are? We are currently have a Pro license and the only difference I can see is the addition of 1 day of training. I would have at least expected something like: higher level of support, hot fixes or access to the alpha programme. I also do not understand why someone would want to renew an Enterprise license after the first year as they wouldn’t need additional training.

Have I missed something?

Yeah I thought $1,100.00 was a lot for 1 day of training :slight_smile:

The FAQ shows that you also get a Code Audit (“a code review of existing Xojo projects with an accompanying report on recommended changes and improvements”). Plus, the training can be divided up into a number of different sessions.

An extra grand is nothing for custom training and code auditing, if your business and livelihood relies on Xojo. It’s an additional option and options are good.

I must admit I wouldn’t trust the recommendations of someone who had only spent a few hours looking at our code but I guess it will be of benefit to some users.

Our business relies heavily on RB & Xojo and cost wouldn’t be an issue for us but Xojo Pro, a few hours of training + a few hours of consulting ? Enterprise.

It is cheaper than some of the training that I have sent programmers off to.

Hi Julen,

The new licensees don’t effect your existing licenses. They are simply new licenses we are offering. You can renew your existing licenses per usual or you can purchase a new license if you wish. If you have any more questions or want to go into detail about your licenses please email me at custserv@xojo.com.

Being one of those hobbyists programmers I really appreciate the new pricing change. Thank you for listening.
One question though: The renewal price for the single platform license is the same as the new license price. All other renewals are only half of the new license price.
If this is not a typo, then this would basically mean that renewing a multi platform license is € 120 for 3 platforms, and renewing a single platform license is € 80 for 1 platform. Is this correct ?

The new pricing doesn’t look too bad. I still think that for a simple plugin the price for database is way too high. The cost for enterprise licenses AND the renewal is 1500€?

The german still is a bit weird. Enterprise is something that can be used in German, too. “Unternehmen” sounds odd and really means a size license. Same goes for the top popup for “cute databases” = “dufte Datenbanken”.

[quote=106571:@Beatrix Willius]The new pricing doesn’t look too bad. I still think that for a simple plugin the price for database is way too high. The cost for enterprise licenses AND the renewal is 1500€?
[/quote]

Database plugins are anything but simple.

[quote=106569:@Michael Gerbes]Being one of those hobbyists programmers I really appreciate the new pricing change. Thank you for listening.
One question though: The renewal price for the single platform license is the same as the new license price. All other renewals are only half of the new license price.[/quote]
This was the case earlier on today, renewals for the single desktop license were half the cost of a new license - it looks like it’s been changed, I guess it must have been a typo initially.

Yes. If you need to build for more than one desktop platform- the full desktop license is the better way to go. The low end pricing is primarily for those who need a low entry point and one desktop platform.

[quote=106569:@Michael Gerbes]One question though: The renewal price for the single platform license is the same as the new license price. All other renewals are only half of the new license price.
If this is not a typo, then this would basically mean that renewing a multi platform license is € 120 for 3 platforms, and renewing a single platform license is € 80 for 1 platform. Is this correct ?[/quote]
Hi Michael,

The new licenses, both the Desktop single platform and Xojo Enterprise, are based on an annual pricing model. The price is set per year so it’s $99 (or for Enterprise $1999) per year, each year. There was some confusion earlier today but the prices you see in the store are correct. Here’s a blog post with some details: http://www.xojo.com/blog/en/2014/07/introducing-xojo-desktop-single-platform-and-xojo-enterprise.php

The no renewal discount policy for the €79 single desktop seems to be done in order to entice users into buying the regular €120 desktop version, as it would be more economical.

First time I looked it was $50… At $100 renewals, that makes single platform a lot less attractive.