My Apps don't start correctly since a while?!

I’ve just tried something, created a plain app, just new project, added bundle id in apple etc. Upload to device and it instantly had the same issue. There was nothing in the view1… so ti’s hard to track the cause.

It shows, but goes to the background instantly. It’s still running but won’t ever go to the foreground. So there must he a bug in xojo ios.

Happends right after the launchscreen is done.

[quote=430059:@Derk Jochems]I’ve just tried something, created a plain app, just new project, added bundle id in apple etc. Upload to device and it instantly had the same issue. There was nothing in the view1… so ti’s hard to track the cause.

It shows, but goes to the background instantly. It’s still running but won’t ever go to the foreground. So there must he a bug in xojo ios.

Happends right after the launchscreen is done.[/quote]
Except it would be happening for everyone if that was the case.

Do you know anyone that uses empty projects? I don’t normally. And i bet not everyone is testing “new projects” only, with only bundle ide and appname set?

I didn’t say anything about empty projects.

The second to last sentence in your message that I quoted says:

What I’m saying is that if we did have a bug, everyone who used the Xojo iOS fromework would be affected by it, regardless of project size. Heck, the XDC iOS app is built with 2018r4… we would be running into this if it were a framework bug.

I believe my problem is caused by some issue with my Mac… probably Keychain/Certificate issue… I am able to build properly running apps on a different machine.

The problem is that I cannot figure out how to fix it… Numerous times I have clearer out my Keychain, certificates, provisioning profiles, etc… and started over from scratch… but the problem persists… I do not get any errors when I build and I do have to allow Xojo to access the certificate… so it would seem that the certificate I am using is found and is OK.

Try setting the root certificate to “always trust”
It’s called something like apple developer id root certificate

Here is a list of them:
https://www.apple.com/certificateauthority/

[quote=430186:@Derk Jochems]Try setting the root certificate to “always trust”
It’s called something like apple developer id root certificate[/quote]

I have done it both ways… “always trust” and just “trust”… The advantage of not using “always” is that I know the Keychain was actually checking the certificate with each build.

Just trust is not going to help. “use system setting” is preferred, but sometimes “always” trust helps.

[quote=430173:@Greg O’Lone]I didn’t say anything about empty projects.

The second to last sentence in your message that I quoted says:

What I’m saying is that if we did have a bug, everyone who used the Xojo iOS fromework would be affected by it, regardless of project size. Heck, the XDC iOS app is built with 2018r4… we would be running into this if it were a framework bug.[/quote]

Read:

If you read my post i’m saying “New Project” as in plain new project so XDC is incomparable cause that’s not a “Plain/Empty” project anymore.

I just tested it again and yes it goes back to the background if i only set the requirements (for device build):

• a bundle id
  • select certificate
  • give the app a name
  • Have a mobile provisioning profile for the bundle id installed

I’m not sure why it happens but it sure should not happen. Even if there is NO content to be shown, the app should stay in the foreground.

This does NOT happen in Xcode with an empty/plain project with only bundle id, appname and provisioning profile and cert set.

• Does NOT happen in the simulator only on the DEVICES.

puuh, seems that this is a more difficult issue as i thought.
After pausing a few weeks because of a customer project, i tried to start again but if i try to build a project xojo shows me
the message “You need a build license in order to build this project. Would you like to purchase one ?”.
My license is valid through Feb 2020, what the hell is now going wrong?

Ahh, here is a thing i changed a few month ago: i changed the eMail-Address of my Account and i have a different eMail-Address in my Apple-ID. Could this cause any of my problems?

OK, the license issue is solved, I had to update the changed license.
But the other problem with loading in the background and not showing the app is still there.
I don’t use any special folders and i generated a new provision file today but with no success.
Let me mention again, that these apps are working perfectly until given time ( i don’t know exactly when) and they stopped working without any changes (no new builds).
It could be after i changed the eMail-Address in my Apple-ID?!

Now i checked the Errors in the Console and got the Message:

Bootstrapping failed for <FBApplicationProcess: 0x114a3c930; de.oemware.golfandmore; pid: -1> with error: Error Domain=BKSProcessErrorDomain Code=1 “Unable to bootstrap process with bundleID de.oemware.golfandmore” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Unable to bootstrap process with bundleID de.oemware.golfandmore, BKSProcessExitReason=0, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Failed to start job, NSUnderlyingError=0x2830dd2f0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=3 “No such process” UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=The process failed to exec, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Consult /var/log/com.apple.xpc.launchd/launchd.log for more information, NSLocalizedDescription=Unable to get valid task name port right for pid 9720}}, BSErrorCodeDescription=bootstrap-failed}

Your provisioning profile seems to be invalid?
Check it on developer.apple.com and edit it of it’s invalid.

No, it’s valid.

What prvisioning profiles do you use? Both Distribution and Development ? Xocde preferences - account shows valid certificates? And xcode preferences locations shows sdk 10.1?

Xcode Version 10.1 (10B61)
Command Line Tools 10.1 (10B61)
iOS Distribution certificate, created 08.05.2019
iOS Develpment certificate, created 05.02.2019
But, for any reason, my Development certificate shows ‘Untitled’ as it’s name.

[quote=430348:@Hans-Jürgen Müller]Xcode Version 10.1 (10B61)
Command Line Tools 10.1 (10B61)
iOS Distribution certificate, created 08.05.2019
iOS Develpment certificate, created 05.02.2019
But, for any reason, my Development certificate shows ‘Untitled’ as it’s name.[/quote]

Don’t worry i have an “untitled” too. Creating a new certificate trough xcode helped me once. Then in the profisioning profiles you have to select the certificate that’s installed on your current mac.

I don’t see an issue with your information.

Perhaps you might wanna try to be sure there is no NOE or try/catch block failing for some reason. Also make sure you show an iosmessagebox in App.UnhandledException and return True so it will show.

How’s your plist file?

Hi Derk, i’ll check this again, but as i mentioned: The app was working properly in the past.
If there is no programming issue (or plist) i will go through the certification / provision file stuff.
After these steps i’ll give a reply.
Thank you very much for your help.

The app has no unhandled exceptions, and it shows only the Launch Screen in the Background, that means that the app hasn’t really started.
Here is my plist content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> NSCameraUsageDescription Allow to use the camera. NSPhotoLibraryAddUsageDescription Allow photos to be added to the photo library. UIFileSharingEnabled