My Apps don't start correctly since a while?!

I do not know if this applies to this situation or not… But I have an app I wrote (not in Xojo, but in Swift)… and when I attempt to run in on a real device or in the simulator using iOS9.3 it does exactly what you are describing… but if I run it on a real device or the simulator using iOS12.1 it works perfectly. I never was able to determine why… and decided not to waste time chasing it, and to not support iOS9.3

My devices have 12.1.4 and that is what I am running in the simulator… which also works fine.

Yes, simulator Workshop fine and if you start the App on a Real device it disappeared immediately.
But it stays in the Background (you can see it by swiping up) and it‘s not possible to get it into the foreground.

Sorry for the damned german autocorrection!

[quote=427623:@Hans-Jürgen Müller]Yes, simulator Workshop fine and if you start the App on a Real device it disappeared immediately.
But it stays in the Background (you can see it by swiping up) and it‘s not possible to get it into the foreground.[/quote]

Yes, that is the same thing I see… which explains why there is noting in the logs… it seems the app does not actually crash.

@James Meyer
Does your app connect to any other services via http? Apple made it so that you must use https unless you specify the exemption in your plist.

[quote=427634:@Greg O’Lone]@James Meyer
Does your app connect to any other services via http? Apple made it so that you must use https unless you specify the exemption in your plist.[/quote]

Yes it does but I do have the exemption in the plist… and I checked to make sure it is actually in the app package. Also, I am having the same problem with TipCalculator example project which does not use any http.

The plot thickens… I pulled out my older MacBook Pro which is running High Sierra (10.13.6) and building the app on that machine fixes the problem… (although there is still an issue which may be unrelated.) The MacBook Pro I have been using is Mojave 10.14.3… I am running the same versions of Xcode and Xojo on both machines.

At this point I do not know if the problem is purely Mac OS or something else…

[quote=427623:@Hans-Jürgen Müller]Yes, simulator Workshop fine and if you start the App on a Real device it disappeared immediately.
But it stays in the Background (you can see it by swiping up) and it‘s not possible to get it into the foreground.[/quote]

What version of Mac OSX, Xcode and Xojo are you running?

High Sierra version 10.13.6
Xcode 10.1 (10B61)
Xojo 2018 r4
Seems that my problem isn’t an OS issue.

So there must be something on the machine that is causing the problem… maybe with our Keychain?

yes, or the certificates.
If a have time, i’ll check this out.
Thanks everybody for your replies.

@Hans-Jürgen Müller do you use SpecialFolder.ApplicationSupport?

That’s causing crashes on devices and simulators cause that folder actually don’t exist.

[quote=429910:@Derk Jochems]@Hans-Jürgen Müller do you use SpecialFolder.ApplicationSupport?

That’s causing crashes on devices and simulators cause that folder actually don’t exist.[/quote]

No that is not my problem… I cannot get a good build on the sample TipsCalculator app… It does not any file.

Then you may wanna try this:

• develop.apple.com account go to Devices added the UDID
    If not, connect your device to iTunes, select the device and click on the serial number label until you see the UDID, copy it. Then go back to developer.apple.com and add the UDID to your devices.

• edit the mobile provisioning profile you wanna use to include the device. (Or create a bew one). After that click download and double click the file that’s downloaded, nothing will show but it will be refreshed in Xcode.

• Open Xcode prefrences under account, click “download manual profiles”

• Restart Xcode, Simulator and xojo.

Try again. If that doesn’t work:

• go your keychain on the mac. Check for any certificate with a red “x” on them. Delete those.
  • Restart Xcode, Simulator and xojo.

Of that doesnt’t work go back to the first paragraph and try again.

Derk…

Thanks for your suggestions… but I have tried all that and more. At this point I think there must be some corruption in my keychain … because I am able to build good apps on another machine.

[quote=429934:@James Meyer]Derk…

Thanks for your suggestions… but I have tried all that and more. At this point I think there must be some corruption in my keychain … because I am able to build good apps on another machine.[/quote]

i had exactly the same problem, keychains where not the same. It may be you are missing the private keys for a using certificate (marked red in Keychain)

I fixed it for my use by doing the above steps. Some corruption went with the “Download manual profiles” feature. So i rebooted after the whole thing just to be sure. And that helped, so maybe reboot?..:wink:

ooh and do you have the bundle id as a full certificate on and same on xojo or do you use wildcard id?

At one point, I cleaned out my keychain certificates and started all over. I also manually cleaned out my ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/, downloaded newly created ones and manually checked to make sure they were OK… including that they include the UDIDs for my devices.

I do not get any errors when I build… the apps just do not run in the iOS device.

At this point I hope to get the issue resolved in person at XDC.

[quote=429956:@James Meyer]At one point, I cleaned out my keychain certificates and started all over. I also manually cleaned out my ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/, downloaded newly created ones and manually checked to make sure they were OK… including that they include the UDIDs for my devices.

I do not get any errors when I build… the apps just do not run in the iOS device.

At this point I hope to get the issue resolved in person at XDC.[/quote]

When you open XCode and “Devices & Simulators” Connect your device and rightclick it. What does show in the Provisioning Profiles list ? is the one you need actually there?

Since i was having a hard time getting it loaded into my iPhone some time ago.

Yes, the Profile is there. I have tried both installing them manually and letting xCode automatically install it as I install the app.