e-CryptIt Engine 13.0.1 and TypyLibF 2.1 are out

New in e-CryptIt Engine 13.0.1:

* Fixed segment errors on Windows systems in several 
   parts of the plugin.

New in TypeLibF 2.1:

• Added Pitch to the VectorF_3D class.
  • Added Roll to the VectorF_3D class.
  • Added Yew to the VectorF_3D class.
  • Added Operator_Multiply (2 variations) to the VectorF_3D class.
  • Added Operator_Divide to the VectorF_3D class.
  • Added Operator_Compare to VectorF_3D class.
  • Fixed a Linker error on Linux systems.

More info to be found at www.einhugur.com

Due to Kagi going out of business and us changing payment processor then all sales and renewals get 10% discount with the following coupon code: 46ED2BBD
The coupon is valid until 5th of August 2016.

(Site Licenses sales are still not up when this is written but will be later today)

[b]BarCode Plugin 1.5 is out.

New in BarCode Plugin 1.5:[/b]
* Added QRCodeGenerator class that can generate QRCodes into Bitmaps or vector files.

The Einhugur BarCode Plugin can read: Aztec, Codebar, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, Data Matrix, EAN 8, EAN 13, ITF, PDF 417, QR Code, UPC A, UPC E.

And it can now Generate QRCodes into Bitmaps or into SVG vector files.

Due to Kagi going out of business and us changing payment processor then all sales and renewals get 10% discount when the following coupon code is used : 46ED2BBD
The coupon is valid until 5th of August 2016.

great control…

I come to your site once…but extreamly strange that… can’t find a price info…

see ,thankyou

Any plans of adding barcode generation too?
Reading is very nice, but sometimes you may need to generate barcodes too.

[quote=280365:@Paul Sondervan]Any plans of adding barcode generation too?
Reading is very nice, but sometimes you may need to generate barcodes too.[/quote]

I have been looking a little bit into it, it depends a bit on what I can find to build on top of. I am very careful to not step on anyone so GNU, GPL, LGPL and all that is out pretty much.

[quote=280365:@Paul Sondervan]Any plans of adding barcode generation too?
Reading is very nice, but sometimes you may need to generate barcodes too.[/quote]

Here is now proper answer to this one, I can confirm that at least some BarCode standards are coming, see more on it here:

https://einhugur.com/blog/

Awesome Björn!
:thumbs up:

PictureEffects 9.1 is out.

New in 9.1:

• Did 64 bit fixes on Map effects.
  • Did fixes on almost all effects on Linux systems where
    they could cause segmentation fault. This was due to our
    change to Clang not long ago.

PictureEffects is plugin to do high quality image processing. Most of the effects can use up to 8 CPU cores to accelerate the processing.

Main features: Red Eye Reduction, Brightness, Contrast, Sepia, Exposure, Levels, Gain & Bias, Color Filter, NTSCColorFilter, Hue, Saturation, Lightness, Desaturate, Gamma, Blend (22 modes), Rotate, Diffuse, Interlace, Flip Horizontal, Flip Vertical, GrayScale, Invert , Sharpen, Smooth, Blur, MotionBlur, Gaussian Blur, Edge Detect, RankOrderFilter, Emboss, Pixelate, Mean Removal, Invert,Contrast Stretch, Equalize, Replace Color, Custom 3x3 matrix filter, Oil Paint, high quality Crystalize, Bilinear Scaling, Stretch, Polar Coordinates, Shape Distort, Barrel Distort, Twirl, Wave, Water Drops, Surface Wave, PageCurl, TrimPicture, Create Chroma masks, Render Clouds, Render Wood, Render Marble, Render Textile, Render Labyrinth, Map, ChannelMixer, ImageComparer.

The PictureEffects also supports masking for most of the effects.

The PictureEffects isn’t bad but it has issues with Colorspace and Color Profile.
When using the OSX CoreImage filters the Colorspace and Color Profile is always kept. When using PictureEffects, the converted file always reverts to RGB/sRGB.

[quote=283108:@Christoph De Vocht]The PictureEffects isn’t bad but it has issues with Colorspace and Color Profile.
When using the OSX CoreImage filters the Colorspace and Color Profile is always kept. When using PictureEffects, the converted file always reverts to RGB/sRGB.[/quote]

There is no Issue there, the plugin is doing exactly what its designed for, that is to work on Xojo Picture objects and doing it fully cross platform which are RGB. Am not quite sure what your expecting on Xojo Picture objects that have no properties for Color profiles or color spaces.

[b]PythonScript Plugin for Xojo has been updated to version 2.1.

PythonScript Plugin is a plugin to make your Xojo Applications Python scriptable. (Python 2.7 based scripting)

New in version 2.1:[/b]
[i] * Added Int64Value setter and getter function to the PythonParameters class.

• Added UInt64Value setter and getter function to the PythonParameters class.
  • Added IsBigInteger function to the PythonParameters class.
  • Added two new constructors to the PythonResult class to handle 64 bit integers.
  • Added IsBigInteger function to the PythonResult class.
  • Added Int64Value function to the PythonResult class.
  • Added UInt64Value function to the PythonResult class.
  • Fixed problem where PythonParameters class would choke if getting integers bigger than 255 or Double numbers.[/i]

(Our other PythonScript plugin for Python 3.x based scripting in Xojo Applications will be likely to get similar updates in the coming days)

Björn, the Python docs at http://www.einhugur.com/Html/PythonScript/index.html could use some examples. E.g, how does it compare to using RbScript? In RbScript I can declare a “context” class that provides extra functions to the scripts. Is something similar possible with your plugin as well? Also, you should have a license for Arbed - you could use its “convert to html” operation to generate code listings for your website, like MBS does. It would allow potential customers to see the examples and get an idea how it all works before having to download it all.

I second that for everyone. Saved my bacon a few times …

http://www.tempel.org/Arbed

Hello Tomas

You can define functions in Xojo code yes and call them from the Python script. And in our other Python script plugin for Python 3.x then you can also define new python classes in Xojo. You should find in one of the example projects for example code where Python script changes the Text of Xojo buttons.

There are examples in the Example projects that come with the plugin like always.

On Arbed then I don’t know what that is (am sorry about my ignorance) But my documentation generator does syntax highlight Xojo examples. I only put in the documentation though if it can be done in small snips, else if its complex I put it in the example projects.

On comparing PythonScript to RbScript then I am not sure that is logical (depending I context). PythonScript is more of opening up Xojo as viable tool for Python scripters. Python is often used to script game engines and business applications. Hell you could even use it to get access to all the ready made GPIO python things on Raspberry PI. So I see it as more of as bridge reaching out and opening up Xojo to many more things. RBScript would not do that, you wont go on the net and find some Research library that you want to use and its made in RBScript. While you will find hundreds of such for Python which you now can take and use in Xojo applications.

[b]BarCode Plugin 2.0 is out

New in BarCode Plugin 2.0:[/b]

• Added BarcodeGenerator class that supports generating Barcodes for EAN8, EAN13, Code39, Code93 and Code128 standards.
  • The plugin now also ships with a Xojo iOSBarcodeGenerator class to generate barcodes for iOS platform. The iOSBarcodeGenerator can in this first phase generate EAN8, EAN13 and Code128 barcodes.

The Einhugur BarCode Plugin can read: Aztec, Codebar, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, Data Matrix, EAN 8, EAN 13, ITF, PDF 417, QR Code, UPC A, UPC E.

It can Generate QRCodes into Bitmaps or into SVG vector files.

The plugin can generate barcodes to Pictures and SVG for the following standards:
EAN8, EAN13, Code39, Code93 and Code128

Python3Script Plugin for Xojo has been updated to version 2.3, and PythonScript Plugin for Xojo has been updated to version 2.2

Python3Script Plugin is a plugin to make your Xojo Applications Python scriptable. (Python 3.4.x and 3.5.x based scripting)
PythonScript Plugin is a plugin to make your Xojo Applications Python scriptable. (Python 2.7.x based scripting)

Increased number of Xojo users wanting to add highly flexible scripting to their applications has made us push harder for improvements lately in those plugins.

New in Python3Script 2.3 for Xojo:
Changed the IntegerValue methods on the Python3Dictionary class to Int32Value to avoid problems with different sizes of Xojo’s Integer.
Added Int64Value set and get methods to the Python3Dictionary class.
Added UInt64Value set and get methods to the Python3Dictionary class.
Changed the IntegerField methods on the Python3Instance class to Int32Field to avoid problems with different sizes of Xojo’s Integer.
Added Int64Field set and get methods to the Python3Instance class.
Added UInt64Field set and get methods to the Python3Instance class.
Changed the IntegerField methods on the Python3Module class to Int32Field to avoid problems with different sizes of Xojo’s Integer.
Added Int64Field set and get methods to the Python3Module class.
Added UInt64Field set and get methods to the Python3Module class.
Changed the IntegerValue methods on the Python3Parameters class to Int32Value to avoid problems with different sizes of Xojo’s Integer.
Added Int64Value set and get methods to the Python3Parameters class.
Added UInt64Value set and get methods to the Python3Parameters class.
Added FitsInInt32 function to the Python3Parameters class.
Changed one of the Constructors on Python3Result to take Int32 instead of Integer.
Added new Constructor to the Python3Result that takes Int64.
Added new Constructor to the Python3Result that takes UInt64.
Changed the IntegerValue method on the Python3Result class to Int32Value to avoid problems with different sizes of Xojo’s Integer.
Added Int64Value get methods to the Python3Result class.
Added UInt64Value get methods to the Python3Result class.
Added FitsInInt32 function to the Python3Result class.
Added Reload method to the PythonModule class to give ability to reload same module again if it has changed for example. Python caches the modules so loading it again in same way as the first time would not work.
Fixed problem where PythonParameters class would choke if getting integers bigger than 255 or Double numbers.
Fixed problem where PythonDictionary class would choke if getting integers bigger than 255 or Double numbers.

New in PythonScript 2.2 for Xojo:
Added Reload method to the PythonModule class to give ability to reload same module again if it has changed for example. Python caches the modules so loading it again in same way as the first time would not work.

TreeView 7.0 is out

The TreeView is a Xojo control plugin to create tree views.

The TreeView will run with native theme rendering look and feel on all platforms.

New in TreeView 7.0:

• OS X Cocoa has now new a nicer headers when showing headers that don’t have the old OS X Theme renderer 16 pixel limitation.
  • Removed the TreeViewExtensions external module and added its methods into the TreeView.
  • Added ExpandAll method to the TreeView control (was previously offered in the TreeViewExtensions)
  • Added IndexFromNode functions (2 variations) to the TreeView control. (was previously offered in the TreeViewExtensions)
  • Added ExpandAncestorsOf method to the TreeView control.
  • Added SelectNode function to the TreeView control that can select a node by a Node instead of a index.
  • Fixed countless many draw glitches in OS X Cocoa mode.
  • HighResImage property on the TreeViewNode class is now ignored if detecting Image set on the Image property.
  • ColumnHeaderHighResImage property on the TreeView class is now ignored if detecting Image set on the ColumnHeaderImage property.
  • Did many retina improvements.
  • New toolbar icons for the Xojo 2016 IDE in retina mode.
  • Fixed IDE strange ghosting issue in design mode when having headers turned on.

e-CryptIt Engine 13.1 and PythonScript 2.2.2 are out

New in e-CryptIt Engine 13.1:
* Added two variations of AddFileContent methods to the ZipArchiveWriter class.
* MacBinaryStream is now 64bit compatible. (Even if this is legacy encoding then it turned up that some file formats need to use this internally so minimum 64bit support is needed).

New in PythonScript 2.2.2:
* Fixed issue that could prevent Xojo from building Console applications if the plugin was installed even if the plugin was not actually used in the project.

(Registrator 8.0 needed to decode the full versions note that due to change of KeyServers)

Trying to decrypt with Registrtor 8 I get the following message:
“msg:XML parser error 5: unclosed token”