Calendar & Time Chooser Talk (2019)

Ok last screen shot I promise so this thread can get put to bed :slight_smile:

Looks awesome, Mike.

There is one small problem I found.
When I switch to Time only and then back to Calendar and Time, the clock isnā€™t repositioned.

A nice to have would be a 24 hour clock (not AM/PM).

[quote=81472:@Paul Sondervan]There is one small problem I found.
When I switch to Time only and then back to Calendar and Time, the clock isnā€™t repositioned.[/quote]

in CalendarWindow - set Time_Container1 to Locking right

Mike - this truly looks great! Have you though about having an option to use the NScontrols for date and time picking? The reason I ask, is while I would like to use the Apple controls on the Mac, Iā€™d also like for it to be windows compatible, so on Windows it would then use your awesome looking controls.

Iā€™ll use this in my first GUI application (A personal finance manager)
Iā€™ll credit you in acknowledgments.

Could this be added to a popup probably using a container control instead of a window and then have a text box with a drop down button which would pop up the picker window.

Great work though Mike

[quote=81472:@Paul Sondervan]Looks awesome, Mike.

There is one small problem I found.
When I switch to Time only and then back to Calendar and Time, the clock isnā€™t repositioned.
[/quote]
Fixed and thanks

Fixed and thanks

[quote=81498:@Mike Charlesworth]Could this be added to a popup probably using a container control instead of a window and then have a text box with a drop down button which would pop up the picker window.

Great work though Mike[/quote]
Yes it definitely could Mike, however I drew my demo line in the sand on the Demo Window and the Window the Containers sit on for time purposes :slight_smile: I figured if the coder wanted that they could adapt this project. However if I get some future time I surely will consider this Mike as it is a great idea.

Thanks!

[quote=81472:@Paul Sondervan]Looks awesome, Mike.
A nice to have would be a 24 hour clock (not AM/PM).[/quote]

I am looking into this for this morning however I have to get back to my enterprise app by this pm :slight_smile: Thanks

Yeah you blew right past me at NSControls :slight_smile: I have to research that first Sam to see what it is about :slight_smile:
Thanks!!

Really nice jobā€¦

For those that want to test another one calendar picker that I made.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba0me46xuubned2/Calendrier_PickUp.zip

Iā€™ve use some part of code found in the old and new forum. Itā€™s totally free.

Jim McKay made some very nice additions with the Clock Hand Animation which gives you a real feel to the clock. Here is a quick summary of the new additions:

• The hour hand inches towards the next hour as your minute hand gets closer to :59.
  • AM/PM auto switching is now added so if you cross your midnight boundary it will change.
  • Hour Hand auto advancement based on the actions of the minute hand. ie. if you have 12:59 and press forward you will then see the clock at 1:00.

Thanks again Jim!

[quote=81523:@Valdemar De SOUSA]For those that want to test another one calendar picker that I made.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba0me46xuubned2/Calendrier_PickUp.zip [/quote]
I canā€™t seem to run this in 2014r1.1
Itā€™s saying that an external item references another external item?

[quote=81489:@Sam Rowlands]Mike - this truly looks great! Have you though about having an option to use the NScontrols for date and time picking? The reason I ask, is while I would like to use the Apple controls on the Mac, Iā€™d also like for it to be windows compatible, so on Windows it would then use your awesome looking controls.

[/quote]

You could do this with a few declares to create an NSDatePicker with mode, style and elements set accordingly. Iā€™m not sure about the delegate, but it could be set up to access the selected date/time through a method or event. For example, the window opens with the initial values and when closed would return the selected valuesā€¦

I just finished adding Jim McKays cool additions to the Clock Faces. Jim added two options in a method to draw his own clock faces. One for 12 hour and the other for 24 hours. Very cool.

Great Job Mike. It could use one more thing thoughā€¦

A button to set the clock to the current time based on the computers current time
like the calendar does.

[quote=81639:@Jerry AB]Great Job Mike. It could use one more thing thoughā€¦

A button to set the clock to the current time based on the computers current time
like the calendar does.[/quote]

Ha the infamous ā€œone more thingā€. :slight_smile: thanks Jerry and Iā€™ll have a look at that later tonight. Thanks and great idea!

sorry, this the link of the right project : https://www.dropbox.com/s/94y5vy1jvmmj3jx/Calendrier_PickUp.zip

Looks like this requires a Monkey Bread pluginā€¦

Looks nice, Mike. I just downloaded and started looking at this. I have a need for such as thing as this. But I would like to be able to select multiple days. Is there an option ability to do that? The demo project just allows for selecting a single day.