Calendar & Time Chooser Talk (2019)

Its a “Feature” i wrote just for Scott :slight_smile:

I’ll break open the piggy bank if you’ll give me 44 days per month.

haha :slight_smile: For Sure Peter! :slight_smile:

I could use 44 days in a month right now to make some deadlines.

What I’m saying is that it looks to me that you are numbering the days instead of using the date.
The 44th day is 13 February in 2014 and day 365 is 31 December in 2014.
Using day numbers is very often used on mainframes. :wink:

I am deriving the Day Labels from the Date directly however I am calculating everything using formulas vs. counting days prev. / next etc.

http://5dspace-time.org/Calendar/Algorithm.html
http://everything2.com/title/How+to+calculate+the+day+of+the+week+for+a+given+date

This was the issue with the code I started from with other persons project. Their “Math” to calculate the calendar was not formula oriented.

Those numbers you saw were just my placeholders for “Slot Numbers” which are not the days at all. :slight_smile:

Two things (my opinon).

I like the look you posted on Apr 7 above… not the current look so much (perhaps an option to skin it per user?)
Also I think the date grid should be “full”, by that I mean show the last few days of last month (if the 1st is not on Sunday) and the first few days of next month end not on Saturday (dimmed like iCal for example)… that way you can navigate to previous or next month using an alternative means.

[quote=81244:@Dave S]Two things (my opinon).

I like the look you posted on Apr 7 above… not the current look so much (perhaps an option to skin it per user?)
Also I think the date grid should be “full”, by that I mean show the last few days of last month (if the 1st is not on Sunday) and the first few days of next month end not on Saturday (dimmed like iCal for example)… that way you can navigate to previous or next month using an alternative means.[/quote]

and why all the “math” to calculate day of week, week # etc… it is all built in to the date object.

Dave the Date Grid is Full as you suggested. I will not be putting Skin options in as my software needs the professional look of the canvas and not the buttons. You guys can add them back if you wish.

The cal days for prev/next in the view will be grayed out. I am just finishing the Calendar navigation buttons now.

The math is to build the displays accurately. You’ll see when you look at my code.

Without Test Grid

ANd for my European Friends :wink:

Waw, very nice Mike! Thank you for sharing!

what about 48hours a day??

I have my final code committed now, however I need to regression test now.

that would work too.

Looks fantastic. Just the clock needs a bit of centering - maybe make is slightly bigger too.

Great eye Markus and thank you!

Tested it on Win 7 and made a few target adjustments. Version 1.3 is ready.

https://github.com/mikecotrone/CalendarTimeChooser.git

Thanks Jim McKay for adding real clock hour/minute/second hands! This was not easy as I tried to do this unsuccessfully in the beginning. Thanks Jim!!