Calendar & Time Chooser Talk (2019)

here is a smaller version without MBS
Download

Jon honestly I didn’t need multi selection so I never thought of it. I will see about adding it since it should be an easy add. I designed the calendar for each of the calendar slots to be a subclass of a custom class to hold all attributes about the calendar space. Ie. Selected, Left, right,Top,Bottom,Day,etc. Every slot has a unique subclass associated to it which gives us major flexibility.

this is what it look like running on the windows xp machine. for some reason the calendar part does not show anything.

Hi Richard, the project was done to run on OS X… I’ll try it on Win 7 later today…

i was just curious…

just check on windows 7 and windows 8… all look the same as the picture i put up

Very nice work Mike!

Some small remarks:

The red minute hand seems not exactly centered and the grey weekdays font looks rather jagged.

This is an enlarged screen print:

[edit] Upon looking closer: the seconds hand starts centered, but as it moves it changes position, at 25 seconds it is not centered anymore. I tried to change with the Curveshape(SecondHand) positions but no effect.

1742 views…

This topis is pretty atractive and loved !

To not pollute this conversation… Here is a new thread about calendar picker : https://forum.xojo.com/11254-calendar-picker

There is a new version that don’t use MBS plugins.

[quote=81769:@Alexander van der Linden]Very nice work Mike!

Some small remarks:

The red minute hand seems not exactly centered and the grey weekdays font looks rather jagged.

This is an enlarged screen print:

[edit] Upon looking closer: the seconds hand starts centered, but as it moves it changes position, at 25 seconds it is not centered anymore. I tried to change with the Curveshape(SecondHand) positions but no effect.[/quote]

Thanks Alexander for the feedback. I will see if Jim McKay can look into that as he implemented the “real” clock hands vs. my curveshape ones. The mapping of the hands to the exact clock face ticks were easier in my curveshape option, but it is more of a challenge using the real hands. We will check it out though. Thanks!

Localizations Added in recent commit (v1.5):

• Afrikaans
  • Dutch
  • English
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Spanish
  • Swedish

I added these localizations for the Xojo Community meaning if there are other Xojo coders that see this and would like another localization for this project please let me know.

Thanks

Wow what improvements in such a short time… great job!
I am not familar in building Xojo Plugins, but it seems to me, that the road to include this one as Default xojo plugin can’t be ver bumpy anymore…

Joe Multi-day selection is now implemented and committed. Use Shift + Mouse click to select multiple days.

Thanks!

[quote=81639:@Jerry AB]Great Job Mike. It could use one more thing though…

A button to set the clock to the current time based on the computers current time
like the calendar does.[/quote]

Jim McKay added this feature and is merged in with the Master. (It looks nice to see the current time on startup) :slight_smile:

[quote=81830:@Mike Cotrone]Localizations Added in recent commit (v1.5):

• Afrikaans
  • Dutch
  • English
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Spanish
  • Swedish

I added these localizations for the Xojo Community meaning if there are other Xojo coders that see this and would like another localization for this project please let me know.

Thanks[/quote]

I added Polish also.

[quote=81753:@Richard Duke]this is what it look like running on the windows xp machine. for some reason the calendar part does not show anything.
[/quote]
XP SP3 ?

Just so everyone cal find it when the thread gets long & the git location has scrolled off to the “older posts”

The localizations now include the Window Title’s also. :slight_smile: I almost missed that one :wink:

Hello Mike,

great work, but I’ve never seen a clock with 24 digits. In Germany, the 24 hour clock has only 12 digits. Only digital format is from 0:01 to 24:00

Thanks Wolfgang. The 24 hour clock is still a Work in Progress. Jim McKay was awesome and created the code to draw that clockface on the canvas. I will see about the changes as my friend from Poland also told me this :slight_smile: Thank you!