Xol.app : Direct Link to Language Documentation

you only use the StatusMenu from the MBS plugin ?
open sourcing it would be very nice, but the MBS part will prevent from compiling people that don’t have the plugin…

1 Like

@Christian_Schmitz may have a plugin for this too for Windows. Maybe he can offer some advice.

you got me thinking (which is good) about my uses of checkboxes vs radio button, true i use checkboxes by default, i’m trying to get a general UI/UX rule for that?

No, Greg was referring to your forum posts here about Xol - put them all in one thread in the “Add-Ons” forum category.

yes in fact the app is from a duplicate of mbs status item example, i didn’t put anything else to keep it simple, and opensourceable. iwanted to use einhgur yaml plugin as a yaml test, to load list of links users can modify plugin menu for their needs. but it will create a dependency. well later then, i have to go back working on my apps with xol now :slight_smile:

OMG I can even get MBS docs with this. It’s the Best Thing Ever.

1 Like

radio buttons are for one choice possible among many
checkboxes are for many choices among many

1 Like

NICE. waiting for it to be open sourced… then I will change the mbs to macoslib statusmenu and it will be completely open. and may be add API1 if you don’t want to !

1 Like

another suggestion: add an about box somewhere with version number ?

oki thx, but you find the use of both legit above ?

you mean the checkbox for local folder ? yes it should be like that.

1 Like

yes , no offense at christian, but i don’t like google search much, and next i will try to incorporte mbs main language words in xol, so it will appear in search window. we all use mbs a lot

1 Like

I have combined all of the various Xol.app update topics, and moved it to the Add-Ons category to make discussion less confusing.

4 Likes

!! yes i was about to clean behind me, and delete all posts, well i did here. can you physically delete those above i’ve deleted ? there are useless now.
and delete this one also :slight_smile:
useless verbose stuff

Maybe already proposed, but this would be awesome if it was backed into Xojo itself. :slight_smile:

ah yes, i tried to use only one post but after posting, you can’t modify title content, i wanted to change the title to reflects version number, but i couldn’t. so i made new posts. if i could modify content there will be only one post :slight_smile:

When you get spare time, can you please remove the space before the semicolon, please? That weird thing isn’t usual in English.
BTW: good work!

2 Likes

This looks good. Are you planning on a Windows release also?

1 Like

Can you put this up on GitHub? Happy to help with the code and signing if it’s open source.

3 Likes

r9 available

https://ota.pe/Xol.zip

new:

• Hide/show Xol name in menu bar
  • Fixed Math menu
  • The 2842 MBS classes now in xol ! :slight_smile:
    you can disable in pref

2 Likes