XojoThemes from Gavin Smith

Ok thanks.
Probably at the moment, it is not available here in Italy (www.dropbox.com).
I’ll try later.

Congratulations Gavin, amazing job.

Luciano

The download link works fine for me (Spain).

Julen

Sitting in front of screens all day it helps reduce eye strain

Suggestion: Option to create a new Theme that would use the current Xojo Preferences, that can be saved.

Hi @Gavin Smith - wanted to follow up: I reset to the defaults using the button in the Xojo preferences, then re-applied the theme I like using XojoThemes, and now everything is working properly.

Thanks!

Thanks Jim. I’m planning a future version in which you can share themes as files and import other people’s themes - so I’ll work your suggestion into that.

[quote=252471:@Kimball Larsen]Hi @Gavin Smith - wanted to follow up: I reset to the defaults using the button in the Xojo preferences, then re-applied the theme I like using XojoThemes, and now everything is working properly.

Thanks![/quote]
Great!

XojoThemes 1.0.1 is available for download now.

From the release notes:

[quote]

• Fixed crash when entering non-numeric characters into the font size ComboBox (thanks @Jean-Paul Devulder)
  • Cleaned up OS X 10.9 TextLabel sizing nastiness in the Preview pane (thanks @Jared Feder)
  • Fixed bug that caused Cursor Color to overwrite AutoComplete
  • Code signed for GateKeeper happiness[/quote]

I use a dark background in the Xojo IDE and the light blue markings with the mouse looks not good.

Is there a chance to change the color of Highlighting (from a marked Text)?

Highlighting color ? In OS X Preferences…

Oh thank you. I did not know that. However, it is now almost everywhere else. I was thinking more of something like CodeRunner or SnippetsLab. There you can change only for the App the Selection color.

We are increasingly trying to honor the system wide choices - as apple recommends
But there are still aspects where we dont (and we know that)

That way if you use a system wide dark theme things are increasingly consistent from app to app
Make the change once & everything that does do this just changes

Some other apps dont do this

I know you guys don’t like to keep up with the pro-level text editors, but highlight color is quite often theme based in them. That way if the system level color conflicts with the text editor theme, you don’t have to change the entire system level highlight color to look nice with one app’s look.

Curious which “pro-level editors” you’re referring to

Atom, Brackets, Chocolat, Sublime Text, TextMate

You know, the ones that let you set a custom tab-indent level. Not that I’m holding onto a grudge for that one or anything.

I’ve tinkered at making custom tab levels work but its a tad more difficult than you’d guess :stuck_out_tongue:

XojoThemes 1.1 is available for download now.

Just a minor bug fix, really, but if you’ve found that XojoThemes hasn’t been working so great in the Xojo 2016 releases, well, version 1.1 might well have an answer for that. Enjoy, and please send me descriptions of your favorite themes so I can include them in the next release.

OK, dumb question… how do you install it?

It’s Mac only at the moment. But assuming you’re on a Mac, as Jean-Paul says, just unzip and run it.

Yes… unfortunately Mac only. Figured that out the hard way once I unzipped the file. I work with Linux and Windows.

Oh well.