XojoThemes from Gavin Smith

@Gavin Smith

I am at a loss for words…this is so awesome!

https://forum.xojo.com/30729-new-version-of-xojothemes-for-xojo-devs/0#p251838

I’ve been using this since 0.5 and it’s a mainstay of my coding day.

[quote=251856:@Jay Menna]@Gavin Smith

I am at a loss for words…this is so awesome![/quote]
That’s very kind of you but it really just makes what the IDE can already do in Preferences, simpler and faster. But I’m glad you like it! Linux version and theme sharing is coming next.

When you work on many different Macs you don’t want to spend 15 fooling with prefs each time you change machines. This solves a lot.

Now, if we could just get Norman to expose the other elements. I work in a reduced lighting environment all the time, so getting the Xojo IDE to look like Logic X or Final Cut Pro X would be a BIG plus. And, it could lead to being able to create dark themes for our apps that don’t leave the popupmenus and listbox headings bright.

No Windows? :frowning:

Some of those aren’t up to me - they’re not exposed in the framework and the IDE just uses the framework

Heya @Gavin Smith - I love this, and have been using it since early days. Congrats on the new release!

I do have one small issue: After I apply a theme, I no longer ever get to see a blinking cursor in the code editor. I can click there with the mouse, and the insertion point does change, as when I type text appears where I clicked… but there is never any blinking cursor.

Any ideas?

Windows ? Linux ? OS X ?
Cursors are different between the three as OS level functions vary

OSX EL Capitan. 10.11.3.

How do I completely undo/reset whatever XojoThemes has done? No matter which theme I choose, I never see a cursor (and there are issues with some of the themes getting the colors wrong… i.e., black text color on a dark blue background,etc). Since I’ve been using XojoThemes for a long time now, I’m wondering if I simply set Xojo completely back to default things will start working correctly again for me…

Click “Reset” on Preferences > Coding

Hmmm …
Thats one we definitely draw
What color have you got it set to ?

This is such a pity. You work in a climate where it’s sunny most of the time. When we have grey, dark and wet weather you have so much sun. And then you go and live in darkness. Or you are a vampire after all.

server not responding :frowning:

Not yet, sorry, but eventually.

Good idea, hopefully in the next update.

Please, Gavin could you check the dropbox link ?

Thanks

Thanks!

[quote=251970:@Kimball Larsen]
I do have one small issue: After I apply a theme, I no longer ever get to see a blinking cursor in the code editor. I can click there with the mouse, and the insertion point does change, as when I type text appears where I clicked… but there is never any blinking cursor.

Any ideas?[/quote]
That’s very weird, I can’t imagine what would cause that. All XojoThemes does is change OS X’s defaults for Xojo and it only sets colors and fonts. So this didn’t happen under the XojoThemes 0.5?

[quote=252072:@luciano monti]Please, Gavin could you check the dropbox link ?

Thanks[/quote]
Hi Luciano, I did, it works fine. It’s the same link as in the announcement and on my website.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/999iw1ydh8iydjl/XojoThemes%201.0.zip?dl=0