XOJO R3.1

Is everybody happy with R3.1?

Of course. Just 3 little changes. Nothing special.

Version 3.1 is a bug fix release. In general the r3 release is an improvement but still on the Windows side there are some more fixes necessary. For example the copy - cut - paste problem I mentioned in another thread.

I start using Xojo versions when they released for my projects, which I never did with RealStudio. However some caution must be taken, for example “save” your changes after you choosed “run” not before because of the bug mentioned above, your project can be ruined easily and when you saved, it can be too late.

If you wish to save before you run, then use for example ProjectName_01, next time you save ProjectName_02, next time again ProjectName_01. When your project is ruined, then at least you can revert to the last working version. This is only my advice.

But besides of that, yes I am happy with the r3 release. Rome is also not build in one day, which means… be patient we are getting there!

Chris, all of my projects are built and saved on dropbox, which has version control built in, so if that happens, I’ve always been able to restore back to any previous version… So far, I’ve never had a problem and never lost anything yet…

Yes, but I believe this is the first point release for XOJO; a great benefit for license holders, regardless of bug fixes and stability issues.

hm… is it only me, or is this only an english update? xojo R3 was available in german language, too.

3.1 has multilingual versions as well specifically to address some of the issues german users encountered in R3

the update-function in xojo downloads only the english version. i now downloaded the mulitlingual version from the xojo website.

Xojo versions so far:

Xojo R1, Xojo R2, Xojo R3, Xojo R3.1

I missed this announcement! Still waiting for that and it was already released? When?

Ok, today. What? Something must be missing.

FIX 29618 IDE: Fixed a Real Studio reference in the check for update text.
FIX 29577 IDE: German and Chinese IDEs can save in Text Project Format again.
FIX 29410 IDE: The local Language Reference on Windows now follows “Next 200” and “Previous 200” links.

What about the showstoppers marked as corrected more than a week ago, like when suspending a thread, instead of releasing CPU, it consumes 100%

Xojo has stated that all licenses would be honored for all point releases and R3.1 is the first point release.

[quote=39211:@Rick Araujo]What about the showstoppers marked as corrected more than a week ago, like when suspending a thread, instead of releasing CPU, it consumes 100%
[/quote]

Marked fixed and verified does not mean they are in a release. And there is no “showstopper” category for bugs in Feedback.

Don’t like the wording? Ok, I’ll rephrase just to you feel better:

What about the very severe bugs marked as corrected more than a week ago, like when suspending a thread, instead of releasing CPU, it consumes 100%

They are assigned to 2013r3.2, which just went into beta today.

Thank you Paul. I interpret dot releases as a demonstration of fast response to problems found and liked very much of your feedback.

Where and when was this release announced? I only saw it a this forum topic?

I beg to differ: feedback://subscribe?folder_id=60

That is a shared folder - not quite the same (I’m not sure any engineers are even subscribed to it)
There’s no type like there is for Bug, Feature Request, Beta Bug etc

Version 3 is an improvement but still unstable on windows.