Xojo Pro Plus aka Enterprise

Thank you. Is the higher priority only for fixing bugs or can Pro Plus users get more priority on feature requests?

Does Pro Plus receive more feedback points than Pro and if so, how many?

Just like Xojo Desktop is enough for some developers and Xojo Pro is right for others, Xojo Pro Plus is another license we offer - because of feedback from people who purchased Xojo Enterprise. We know our forum and community are great- they’re awesome resources! But it is true that we will have to look at your specific issues to see what we can do about them.

@Hal Gumbert That’s why we call it “fixes”, it can be a bug or a feature request!

Well i get alittle fealing that “our” fb points now get put aside, we have had issues (regressions) that just broke some serious projects. And now when we want that to be (or should i say remain) a priority, we would have to pay more than double?

While Xojo Pro+ is a great idea, it may not feel good to the Xojo Pro license holders, as we had “priority points” (or “feedback points”) and now we are put back in the queue. So we get even less value (i.e. longer waiting for bug fixes/features) as some other parties now get even better priorities. Alot of feedback reports go back years, now i feel lile they get put back in line even more…

I don’t see the engineers doing this support or faster fixes in their over-time… so that would mean they will be less on the forums?

On the other hand, it maybe actually something companies or developers request.

We are already doing alot of “free” work for Xojo like telling the engineers how we reproduce a bug or what’s not working well or how somethings can be done otherwise or better trough feedback (never understood why a case is closed if there is no response in 10 days). Testing beta’s and such…

Correct me if i’m wrong here…

Just out of curiosity, what would you like us to do, guess? Bugs are often more about how you got to that point rather than the last action you took. I fixed one last week that only occurred the second time you did something. Without a video from the customer, I wouldn’t have been able to reproduce it.

Just to be clear, the easier you make it to reproduce something, the more likely we’ll be able to nail it down and fix it in a timely manner.

So since average Joe just got down graded, Joe is better of just waiting until XOJO has delivered the fix or features he needs. Annual license fees for Joe just are not worth it. Got it.

Maybe I’m missing something here. Haven’t Xojo just adjusted the Enterprise license & re-branded? How does that affect those of us with Pro licenses? We’re not being forced to upgrade.

Correct. When I started the thread, I was asking more about the benefits.

I’m with you Wayne, I don’t understand. Is not a new license just a re-brand of one option they already had.

They are not taking away benefits from PRO license, so I don’t see the problem.

[quote=429196:@Alberto De Poo]I’m with you Wayne, I don’t understand. Is not a new license just a re-brand of one option they already had.

They are not taking away benefits from PRO license, so I don’t see the problem.[/quote]

Yes, we have always had a higher level of support via Enterprise or other previous packages. That is not new. We just changed some of the specific features. No one is getting downgraded.

Does Pro Plus receive more feedback points than Pro and if so, how many?

You can recoup some of your investment in Pro Plus by taking money from non-Plus users to get their bugs elevated :slight_smile:

Pro Plus does not get extra points per se but when Pro Plus users bring important bugs to our attention, we are going to give them high priority.

Thanks, Dana

[quote=429192:@Greg O’Lone]Just out of curiosity, what would you like us to do, guess? Bugs are often more about how you got to that point rather than the last action you took. I fixed one last week that only occurred the second time you did something. Without a video from the customer, I wouldn’t have been able to reproduce it.

Just to be clear, the easier you make it to reproduce something, the more likely we’ll be able to nail it down and fix it in a timely manner.[/quote]

I’m not saying you’d have to do something other. I’m trying to say even the community helps development of a product they like and even pay for! I’s just that Xojo has only 10 days for one to keep the case open, it seems like xojo is in a rush to close cases. 30 day would be much better as most things just don’t instantly reproduce.

Don’t feel bad. You dó work hard and help the community with their questions adn such.

That sounds like “It’s what is already was”. Well then there should be no issues.

[quote=429192:@Greg O’Lone]Just out of curiosity, what would you like us to do, guess? Bugs are often more about how you got to that point rather than the last action you took. I fixed one last week that only occurred the second time you did something. Without a video from the customer, I wouldn’t have been able to reproduce it.

Just to be clear, the easier you make it to reproduce something, the more likely we’ll be able to nail it down and fix it in a timely manner.[/quote]

That is not his point. It is more like, “We” users spend time and effort to report a bug to fix and improve YOUR software. We do it not just for a personal benefit, it helps we all, but in fixing a buggy software, the main benefit is for you. To offer a better product. So, why we must pay more to fix your product?

This could have a negative efect in some users, some could think like “why botter, they are not going to fix their sofware just because Im not paying extra to be heard.”

Let’s say I have a Pro Plus license.
Can I say this FB case has high priority for me so that it is implemented faster?
If yes what means “faster”?
Will I get an answer / guarantee that it will ever be implemented?

<https://xojo.com/issue/38141>

I think the title of this thread, Xojo Pro Plus aka Enterprise, is the main cause for the confusion.
The Enterprise license exist longer than I’m using Xojo/Real Studio/REALbasic.
Now Enterprise is renamed to Xojo Pro Plus with a few changes.

If the title would have been Xojo Pro Plus previously known as Enterprise I believe there wouldn’t have been so much fuzz.

[quote=429215:@Ivan Tellez]
This could have a negative efect in some users, some could think like “why botter, they are not going to fix their sofware just because Im not paying extra to be heard.”[/quote]

Which is why I have concluded only pay a license renewal when a fix or feature that you need has been delivered.

Again, we have always offered a higher level of support. This is not changing and no one is getting downgraded. We changed the name of Enterprise, which we already offered for a long time, from Enterprise to Pro Plus and changed some of the additional benefits. I assure you that this is not as big of a change as you are envisioning, if Pro Plus is not for you, then it’s just a name change. If it is something your business needs, then look at it because we changed some of the benefits (like removed the training but added the additional activations, for example). But like Enterprise before, it’s not something for everyone and it certainly won’t affect other users.