Xojo IDE crashing: going, going, going… gone!

Apple released today macOS Ventura 13.3, and that magically fixes the IDE Crashing problem related with loading a lot of plug-ins, and that magically appeared when Ventura was first released.

9 Likes

As a rule of thumb, I wait at least until a x.3 release of a new OS before considering installation.

4 Likes

I can go to x.4 or even x.5 sometimes, but as I got a brand new macbook this year, I had no choice …

Great news if the community confirms it, like @Christian_Schmitz huge load test is passing now few times in sequence without errors.

I tested that myself both using 2022r4.1 and 2023r1 using the full set of MBS (last release). Obviously, the mileage may vary… but I don’t think so.

You need a 506+ different dylibs loading charge, successfully loaded 3 times in sequence (the 506 number Christian provided in the past).

Well, I think that this may close the case, as I see that Christian said that his full set has more than 500 and over it Xojo adds theirs too.

Exactly :wink:

1 Like

I think I only saw this 3 times in total, even with only the minimal plugins that ship with Xojo. Glad to here they’ve fixed it.

Not yet (here, at last):

Last check on Thursday, March 23, 2023; 10:44 (Paris Time).

macrumors talked about RC.

Yeah, very probably :slight_smile: Anyway, the good news is that, when available, it will fix “the thing” :wink:

MacOS 13.3 is a release candidate which is available to all registered developers. Expected release date could be next week.

2 Likes

LBN: [Update: Public RC Available]

I had Ventura 13.3 installed earlier this week.
Yesterday I had 3 crashes in a row, while opening the IDE.
After the 4th attempt It finally worked.

So, I guess the problem is still lurking around to present itself at random. :confused:

Just saying that does not help. You must collect all postmortem information you can and submit them in an issue report for analysis. Maybe you have some “very” incompatible plugin needing update for example.

FWIW, I typically don’t use plugins and the IDE is crashing on me twice a day, even in 13.3.

1 Like

Using Ventura 13.3.1 on an iMac m1, 2023 Release 1 crashes sometimes exactly when I click on a tab at the top of the IDE window to view my code while my application.debug is running in the IDE. I’m using no plugins. For me it hasn’t crashed under any other procedure or situation.

Is the window you click on a Window by any chance. There is an issue with a window with many controls causing crashes in 2023r1, could it be that?

Repeatable hard crash when clicking on a window with a lot of controls.

1 Like

Crash on launch or while using?

The dylib thing is only a problem when starting Xojo.
With all MBS Plugins installed on macOS 13.2.1 it still crashes a lot on startup.

Someone has claimed that macOS 13.3 fixes the issue, nothing before that. As far as I am aware there is no 13.3.1 version. I’m on the beta program and the next beta is macOS 13.4.