Xojo 2022r1.1 is trying to integrate unnecessary WatchOS extensions

I get this error during the signing phase of a build on 2022r1.1, with Xcode 13.4.1 and macOS Monterey on an M1 MBP 14".

The operation couldn’t be completed. 2022-07-09 13:17:03.446 xcodebuild[11123:504741] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEKit.ExtensionSentinelHostApplications for extension Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionHosts.watchOS of plug-in com.apple.dt.IDEWatchSupportCore

My target is set to my (live, connected) iPhone running iOS 15.5, upon which a test Xcode/Swift app runs and builds fine. I get the error above when I build my Xojo app for signing, although it runs for debug fine on the same target device. I have re-installed the Command Line Developer Tools for Xcode. My watch is off. Like turned off.

Any ideas? These upgrade cycles are a pain. Thanks.

It looks very much like a problem I had a couple of months ago. I fixed it by completely uninstalling and reinstalling Xcode and then, following a tip from Greg O’Lone, selecting the correct version of Xcode command-line tools: Run/Build Disabled after reinstalling Xcode.

The Run and Build buttons are now active, the app runs fine in both the simulator and my iPhone, the Command Line Tools are set in Xcode Locations…

Been there, done that. (re: delete/reinstall/link everything) I also removed the watch from the provisioning profile, and re-read that. All I want to do is turn off or work around the watch dependency, which is absent in Xcode.

Just so ya know, I’m getting this error in Terminal when running the strings command on apps that are not built in Xojo, so I suspect this is an Xcode problem and not a Xojo problem.

I got this error notarizing an app against an apple developer account that had expired. Error message is technically correct as you don’t have permissions, but a better error message would help.
Used a valid dev account and it worked just fine. macOS 12.4 and XCode 13.4.1 using Xojo 2021r1.1

Sorry, away for a while on family stuff. I have a valid developer account and have submitted a simple Swift app via Xcode successfully. I guess I’m asking what/where/how the interface between Xojo and linking/inclusions in Xcode occurs so I filter out the offending invocation. The error appears from within Xojo, before it even hits Transporter.

Naturally, Apple disavows any responsibility

The fact that only you are running into this problem points to it being a problem with your machine or config.

When you created the certs or profiles for your app, you didn’t happen to check any boxes that talked about extensions for watchOS did you?