Run/Build Disabled after reinstalling Xcode

I build my app almost daily, often several times per day. I’ve been building without any issues for months, including an App Store (alpha) build today, but then when I went to re-build my app I received an error message and no amount of restarting or praying to the Xcode Gods would fix it.

I did some Googling (likely a mistake) for this error message and there were several posts from people who found that the only solution was to delete Xcode and reinstall it. So I tried that and the good news is that the error message has gone. The bad news is that the error message has gone because both the Run and Build buttons in Xojo are now disabled…

Any ideas?

Oh and Xojo doesn’t list any of the iOS Simulators in the Project → Run On list, yet I can see them in Xcode itself.

Have you launched Xcode and made sure that the correct version of Xcode tools is selected in the Xcode preferences?

2 Likes

Thank you @Greg_O . I was hoping you’d weigh in on this. :slight_smile:

I had launched Xcode quite a few times but didn’t remember to check the Command Line Tools option. It was blank but I’ve now set it to the only available option which was “Xcode 13.3.1 (13E500a)”.

So now the Xojo Run and Build buttons are enabled again and all the iOS Simulator configurations are listed. I am able to run my app in the Simulator and build it!

Thank you again @Greg_O :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re very welcome.

Same issue, but with 2022r.1.1 and Xcode 13.4.1. Cleared out Library/Developer, downloaded the latest Command Line Developer Tools, installed, reset, set up the CLDT pointer in Xcode, etc. Apple Developer Support can’t help because it works fine in Xcode.

I do not want Watch support. I want to work around this. Are downgrades the answer?

Have you restarted your computer recently?