Xojo 2020R1 Major bug

The MacOS version of xojo2020 R1 cannot debug the web. It’s worse.

Hi, Song.
Can you be more specific as to the issue you’re encountering? I’m working all day, every day at building and debugging a Web 2.0 app without major issues. It would help if we had some more details.

2 Likes

I installed Xojo 2020 R1 on Big Sur, designed a simple Web application, and started debugging. It does a series of compilations and opens the browser, but the browser stays there like the Internet is slow.
I thought it was the Beta operating system, so I reinstalled Catalina, and the problem was the same.
On The Windows operating system, everything is fine. After compilation, the default browser is opened and the page is quickly displayed.

Have you opened a case in Feedback and included your project so that they can investigate the issue? If not, you should. I’m not seeing that issue, but if your code is triggering something to break in the framework on macOS, it’s definitely something that needs to be looked at.

No, even if I create a new web application and don’t make any changes, it still does.
Fortunately, I am using the windows operating system now. Web API 2 still has a lot to improve. It has no MouseMove, MouseDown, mouseup, mouseover events, which makes the effect of webstyle in webapi 1.0 invalid.
In addition, web API 2 uses dynamic webstyle, but xojo ide will lose the convenience of Web visualization development.

That’s quite odd. I don’t see this, as I said. The only time I do see anything remotely like this is if I have a debug run hanging around in the background. I kill that with Activity Monitor and move on, but I know those are my fault because of something I’m doing during debug.

It has no MouseMove, MouseDown, mouseup, mouseover events, which makes the effect of webstyle in webapi 1.0 invalid.
In addition, web API 2 uses dynamic webstyle, but xojo ide will lose the convenience of Web visualization development.

The Xojo team has said that these issues are a priority, and I look forward to the solutions they release. There were a number of features deferred to get the product out to a wider audience, and I personally expect that these will be addressed quickly.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a matter of concern to many people. I believe it will be solved.
At present, the epidemic situation and demonstrations in the United States have a great impact on the progress of the whole project.

Go to the Shared build settings and look at the Debug Port setting. On macOS, it’s usually 8080. Try changing that to 8090 and try again.

Also, check the Messages panel in the IDE when you are running.

If those do not work, I suggest looking at your system firewall settings and make sure Xojo itself is on the exceptions for allowing incoming connections.

After that, you could check the Console and see if you are getting errors for either your app or for Xojo itself.

Is your system language English?

I guess it is using Chinese. We had reports of problematic behavior for CJKV languages.

2 Likes

Yes, I use macOS Chinese system. I’ve seen other users on the forum who use Japanese and Chinese have the same problem, which may indeed be an IDE problem.

1 Like