XDC2018 Open Conversation - Day 2

The documentation part should work for any api, whether it’s based on Luna, Aloe, or any other platform.

I ran out of time in my Xanadu / Aloe session but will have vIdeos at CampSoftware.com to show how easy it is to add modules and related portals within 2 weeks. :slight_smile:

Can you post a nice picture ?

I’ve used swagger when consuming other external APIs - it’s really nice. It was neat to see how easy it is to use it with Luna.

I will be adding result field use for the api tests to my lunapi2swagger program sometime in the following week.
This way you will be able to for instance insert a record and use its id in a follow up test (either for getting, updating or deleting).
It will still be open source and available at https://lunaapi.ga

If anyone wants to see me live creating the documentation for an api call to Swagger and xjDocs, so you can see how easy it is, you can find me sometime after the sessions. I’ll be glad to demo it.

Very reasonable.

If you have questions about colors and color conversion in Xojo, I do have a couple of examples included with my plugins.
And classes to use LCMS crossplatform for color conversion as well as using both Windows and Apple engine.
And I do have plugins for a few X-Rite devices to measure colors (you need yourself a SDK license from X-Rite)

Kem’s presentation on database encryption at the field level rolled my socks up and down. Really great stuff!

Tim Dietrich is now discussing Aloe Express, and open source web server as a Xojo module with no dependencies on Xojo Web Framework.

This was literally true. Kimball’s ankles were quite distracting.

I used SQLite for my demo and we use Postgres in production. With the technique I demo’d, I expect performance to be acceptable in most cases.

That’s my strategy to make it easier to deal with my heckling.

Database encryption is a huge topic currently in the EU due to the GDPR. Would love to know how Kem tackles this (pg_encrypt? with “very reasonable” performance? Without an index that would expose the private key? How so?)

I’d have to redo the whole presentation. :slight_smile: But no, do not use SQL queries to encrypt/decrypt, that should be done entirely in code.

The video of all our sessions will be made available eventually, but perhaps I’ll write up a recap next week.

@Tim Dietrich 's Aloe is the Xojo-based web server we need. And deserve.

Cue Bat-Music…

The caching in Aloe-express seems to be working quite well. Nice!

the standalone Postman app is completely awesome.
they have a cli tool that can run your Postman config so it can be used in a CI/CD pipeline.

he uses his M_Crypt library and only encrypts the fields that need to be encrypted.

M_Crypt library? Google doesn’t seem to ever have heard of it…Happen to have a link handy?