I’m curious: What from the OmegaBundle were you after? Which item was the big draw for you?
Well I have in the past but not this year as I already have what I use renewed already and the few I do not have I will just purchase along the way if I need them
I had a few individual licenses that were expired and I wanted to renew: GraffitiSuite, DynaPDF, and AppWrapper. So these alone were worth it for me. Bonuses I am taking advantage of (or soon will be) are ChartDirector (needed a new charting tool) and DMGCanvas (beats the boring old DMGs I’ve been doing). Happy with my purchase thus far
I bought an Omegabundle several years ago for ChartDirector and DynaPDF.
I have used ChartDirector in a couple of projects… If one needs more than very basic charting/graphing, I don’t know if there are any other good options for use in Xojo desktop apps.
I wound up never using the DynaPDF license because it looked like it had a steep learning curve and I was on a tight timeline for a project at the time.
As I had the Einhugur PDF plugin, and although it is less powerful, as it could do what I needed and looked like the API was a lot simpler, I just used that and have stuck with it since then.
While I’m sure they were very useful for others, I never got much use out of the other things in the bundle from that year.
Last Year it was ValentinaStudio(Server Unlimited), ChartDirector & GraffitiSuite.
Full 2020 Omegabundle list, for those wondering.
- Ohanaware App Wrapper (UPDATED).Prepare your application for the Mac App Store or Web Distribution.
- Ohanaware App Kit (NEW). A huge collection of declares and objects that Ohanatware has created over the years to help us with crafting better macOS applications. Your next macOS app starts here!
- AprendeXojo GuancheMOS (UPDATED) The toolkit you need for application serialization and validation.
- AprendeXojo AxControlGrid (NEW). Makes it possible to put Canvas-based controls in a Page or a series of Pages of a given size (width and height).
- AprendeXojo AXImageCanvas Database Edition (NEW). Pull and display images from most popular databases.
- AXNumValidatedTF (NEW). Locale settings, numeric range enforcement, adaptive format and more for numeric input.
- GuancheID (NEW). The easiest way to get a unique ID for macOS and Windows based computers.
- GrafittiSuite Desktop Edition (UPDATED). 53 (up from 40!) incredible user interface controls for Xojo that add value and improve the professional appeal of your Xojo applications.
- XDL Library (UPDATED).Get some of the best articles from xDev Library, plus a 900-page new Xojo beginner’s book.
- MBS Chart Director for Xojo (UPDATED). Professional, interactive, real-time charts in your Xojo applications on Mac, Windows and Linux. Desktop, Console and Web projects.
- MBS DynaPDF Starter Edition for Xojo (UPDATED). Create PDF files with your applications on Mac, Windows and Linux. Desktop, Console and Web projects.
- Paradigma Software Valentina Studio Pro 10 (UPDATED). Ultimate reports designer, database administration and forms creation tool that runs on all three operating systems - Windows, macOS, Linux
- Paradigma Software ValentinaDB ADK 10 for Xojo(UPDATED). Embed the ultra-fast, object-relational Valentina database into your applications and deploy royalty free - Windows, macOS, Linux, including Raspberry PI! Also works with local SQLite files and as a client to Valentina Server.
- Paradigma Software Valentina Reports ADK 10for Xojo(UPDATED). Generate visually rich reports as graphics, web pages or PDF from your Xojo applications on Windows, macOS, Linux including Raspberry PI! Also works with local SQLite files and as a client to Valentina Server.
- Paradigma Software Valentina Server Unlimited ****(UPDATED). 4-in-1 Reports Server, Forms Server along with two database servers: one built on object-relational Valentina Database and the other on SQLite. Report and forms serving works with MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server and the included Valentina and SQLite servers
- xDev Magazine (UPDATED). 12-month subscription to xDev Magazine + some back issues + a printed book! xDev is the professional’s magazine for developing with Xojo with articles by top Xojo developers.
You should probably show the 2021 list instead, as it is slightly different.
This is the 8th year I have purchased it, plus in 2017 did the bundle for Web when offered as well.
There is no single item that is the big draw, it is combination that makes it so attractive. The pieces I use regularly include:
- Valentina Studio Pro: I like the features Pro has over the free edition (which itself is amazing for free!)
- App Wrapper
- XDev magazine
The pieces I probably should use also include:
- DMG Canvas
- Ohanaware App Kit
- Chart Director
- Reports ADK
I tend to get this every year, both because I am never sure if I will have a need for additional things (like Chart Director or Reports ADK). But also because I feel contributing to the Xojo community may do a small part in helping encourage these developers to keep offering developer aids.
I put up that list because Markus mentioned what he bought it for last year and that list is not easily found on http://omegabundle.net/ now.
Thanks, but I was actually hoping for answer for THIS year‘s bundle. You’re answer is to a question in last year’s thread, which is a bit off the mark for this thread …
Ah, you didn’t specify that you were only interested in why people purchased for 2021. I have updated the topic title for clarity.
I appreciate the Omega Bundle but usually by the time it hits I have already renewed with most of the vendors
There are a couple of things I would like to have but purchasing the entire bundle for me doesn’t make financial sense
Maybe a a la carte in the future would help?
Ahh, but you can already for only $3471.96 more
depends on every individual and what there needs and wants are
The bundle will work for some and not for others
Worked for you but that does not mean it works for others
I have also paid and supported 3rd party developers for the Xojo ecosystem but not all sales are equal to everyone
I did not purchase it this year although I thought about it. Its because I’ve stepped up into full MBS and DynaPDF Pro, Graffiti All access, outright bought ExeWrapper and App wrapper. Laste year I did buy this bundle and its a tremendous value for the money! I also use piDog parts and lots of other things like MTC while Im experimenting with what Im trying to do. My hat’s off to all the xojo developers and contributors in the xojo world - its a big partof what makes it so great for me. I am glad to support these folks!
Last year we introduced Ohanaware Application Kit (aka OAK) as a framework for creating new apps that target the macOS platform. OAK also just got a big update and is included this year as well. Has anyone started using it for new apps?
Sam’s apps always look great in their support of macOS conventions.
Valentina Studio, ADK and Server. all my apps (that uses database), uses valentina.
AppWrapper etc… now I will try ExeWrapper as well.
Xdev and DMG Canvas
If both Graffiti Web And Desktop were included, I would be in like Flynn
But I understand the vendors cannot give away everything
I was on the edge for renewal, but as I’ve started to use ChartDirector from last years bundle, and added a couple of GraffitiSuite stuff, it made sense. I also get an extra year on my AppWrapper, xDev sub and DynaPDF Starter. I was intrigued by the ExeWrapper but I usually just codesign the Windows EXE and also then the installer so no plans as I have to open Windows to run InnoSetup and I codesign through that!
Hi with the switch to XOJO for renewing my Visual FoxPro Apps I bought the Windows Version some years ago, also to have the full version of Valentina Studio Pro
Then things are changing so this year I bought the Mac Version, to do more with Macs ( I have 2 M1s, and MBP and a good old IMac 2007).
Now Im also using the Valentina Server and trying to get into Valentina Forms ( for in-house things and maybe rapid prototyping).
But is also about supporting the people behind the software in the bundle. Price is more than fair.
And I get the XDEV Magazine again.
Believe it or not, after long long time I try to get into ibm iseries with RPG / COBOL / DB2 again.
Maybe this is also an option to renew Apps on this system with cool xojo solution or a xojo solution using DB2… Time will tell, if it is a good idea. But a lot to read, understand and learn.