Which version of the macOS are you using to develop macOS apps with?

To deploy apps onto a ‘unspecified’ version of Mojave, you’ll have to use “hardening & notarization”, which requires macOS 10.13.6 or newer.

I am reluctant to migrate from 10.11.6 to a newer version, because while there are bugs, I know what they are. Moving to a newer version of the macOS, could potentially cost me in down time and I don’t like that idea.

Before I write to Apple to see if I can persuade them to make this process available for older versions of the macOS, I’d like to gather some data about what versions people are using to create and ship macOS applications. If I’m in the minority, then I’ll just have to allocate some time and cross my fingers, however if I’m in the majority, I’ll see what I can do.

El Capitan (10.11.6).

Do we know, one moth after Mojave release, the number of its users vs other versions ?

Mojave is unknow here:
http://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share

Also: if your applications works fine with Mojave, you may waitsome month to get a better view of what Apple want to do (is goind to do) with Mojave and all that buzz.
Apple may change its mind either by itself or by people (customers or developers) pression.

Do you really [quote=410916:@Sam Rowlands]have to use “hardening & notarization”[/quote] right now ?

A couple of weeks ago I updated from El Capitan to Sierra because the old computer threw a hissy fit. And after the second hissy fit I’m now on High Sierra since Saturday last week.

No, but Apple’s vague wording could mean 10.14.1 or 10.14.6; we probably wont know for sure until people start complaining.

I’m also unable to determine for sure; what will happen if you don’t. Seems like the least is that the user will get some sort of scary dialog, worst case scenario is apps wont run.

IMO, if your system can handle the latest, we as devs should/need to use the latest macOS version.
I use macOS 10.14 and it is pretty stable (a lot bettet than 10.12 and 10.13)

That’s very probably the case. Meaning your software will not reach all users because they think your app isnt approved by Apple.
Basically this means we need to be on the Apple bandwagon NOW and not tomorrow when it is too late.

10.14. No problems so far. We are not supporting Dark Mode, but I’ve changed the requirements a little to remove an Image Events dependency so there is no separate security dialogue on launching for the first time.

[quote=410929:@Christoph De Vocht]IMO, if your system can handle the latest, we as devs should/need to use the latest macOS version.
I use macOS 10.14 and it is pretty stable (a lot bettet than 10.12 and 10.13)[/quote]

Same here. Always the latest RELEASE version of macOS. So, Mojave 10.14.
No issues, beside some “App needs a 64Bit update…” Messages even for 64Bit Apps. :wink:

Just finished another Update made with Xojo on macOS Mojave, which got signed with AppWrapper and approved by Apple without ANY issue: Liquid Database <- Supports DarkMode.

10.14 here

10.13.6 for me.

I can’t install 10.14 unless there are a few bugfixe releases…

None, but I usually don’t install before a .2 release.

.3 is safer … look at me I’m still at 10.11 !

I’m developing for MAS so I’ve upgraded to 10.14 .

So far there are some workaround to support the Dark mode in the apps but overall still smooth.

Just purchased a new iMac to run Mojave. Have compiled my app update using Xojo 2018.2 on Mojave. Signed the app with App Wrapper on 10.14 without incident. UL’ed the signed app as a .dmg and DL’ed it to an El Cap machine. Ran with only the warning about “downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want o open it?” Ran on the El Cap machine without incident. I will proceed to release this update with only gatekeeper signing and hope others have a similar experience.

It was delivered with Mojave ?

Emile: No. I had to install Mojave from the App Store

you may be disappointed if a new Mac mini is released next week…

10.13.6 on the host for building and 10.14.0 in a VM for testing.