Where to get older OSX versions

Is your hardware (Macintosh) able to run these old OS version(s) ?

The last time I had to install some really old macOS version I had to change the clock back to the date of the installer.

Hi David,

I found the installer for 10.8, so I only would need 10.9 and 10.10.

For all: to install old macOSes in Parallels, or other virtualization software, when the selection comes up what to do, choose the menu option ‘Utilities → Terminal’ and enter ‘date 123110002015’ to set the date of the virtual system back to 2015. Then quit Terminal and proceed with ‘Install Mac OS X’.

[quote=372709:@Marc Vos]So … to refresh this post … I am looking for installers for 10.8, 10.9 and 10.10 - I forgot to backup those apps back then. And they’re not visible in the MAS anymore, so I cannot re-download them.
[/quote]
If you had ever downloaded them via the Mac App Store in the past (the only way you’re legally licensed to use the OS if you don’t have a paid developer account with access to the installers) they do indeed still show up in your Purchased Items.

I’m seeing as far back as the Mac OS X Lion installer (including 10.9 Mavericks) so check your Purchased Items instead of trying to find the store listing.

Tim, of course I am looking in my Purchased-list … but now that you write that you see them, … suddenly a thought popped up about ‘hidden store items’ … a functionality I touched I don’t know how long ago. And, LOL, yeah, there they are. So … thanks for being persistent :slight_smile: