What has happened to this forum/community?

Did a quick google for TOR. It seems there are several ways to block those IP addresses for forums.

Given the level of deviousness manifested by that individual, he probably will not limit himself to TOR to be able to spread his puke. As a matter of fact, blocking TOR may be possible, but using VPN will defeat that countermeasure just as well. I am afraid unless Xojo required a much more severe vetting process for the members to register, we will have to cope with loonies for a long time to come. Blessed be the ignore feature :wink:

You guys take this all so serious. The flame wars are so entertaining - as long as I don’t need to participate. Just ignore what you don’t want to read.

The price increase is a not very good idea. The framework will be a major pain in the behind. I just want 64bit as soon as possible.

Did I manage to offend at least one person?

No. Your report card says “Must try harder” :wink:

Considering the recent changes it is just natural for people to discuss them. Normal services will resume shortly :wink:

But if you DO have a coding problem then don’t hesitate to post it immediately …

I haven’t been around Xojo/RB for as long as others, but I have already witnessed two or three major transitions in the product (the IDE, the forum and the pricing scheme, specifically).

After such important changes there is always and increase of anger in the forum, but it slowly gets back to its usual (nice) state. Looking to what we have now, maybe some of the people who complained in the past (including myself) feel like the product improved with those transitions. Changing is always hard, and there is always opposition to it, but in a few months, when everyone is used to the new way, most may see it as an improvement.

My experience and understanding of programming are not large enough to asses the benefits of the new framework, but I am sure the goal of the Xojo team was to improve their product (along with providing new functionality) and I am sure they have done a great job as well.

Anyway, I think this time the discussions were more civil that in previous occasions.

Julen

That “filth” was developed by the US Navy fyi;

Tor (anonymity network)

Ironic your against people using a program written by their government with their tax dollars.

I am well aware of the TOR origin. It is an interesting concept that saves lives daily in countries where using the Internet can land one in jail. It is an instrument of freedom.

Filth referred to the anonymous low life who brings nothing to this forum but bitter, cowardly masked attacks.

Lets see…

The company advertises special pricing about their product and is really nice about answering questions about licensing and telling you all about the improvements. Then after the special pricing they double the cost of the product and get rid of reduced update pricing and then announce the new framework. Then they have gall to tell you the price is not doubling because you are getting more. No I am not getting anything more - I don’t have any use for any of the additional items - I don’t even have any use for the Linux build at all or most of the things in Xojo. I don’t have any use for 12 months of updates built into the price. I don’t really like the new IDE - its way slower than RS or RB. Now you want to sell me more things I don’t want and then I am told I suppose to now be software reseller for Xojo by trying to sell my old licenses.

It’s called deception. How about placing information about the planned price increases and change in the framework right on the purchase page to point out things you may want to think about before purchasing? Why wasn’t this disclosed when I clearly see people knew about it on the testing forum? That also tells me many users on the testing forums also enjoy to deceive.

After reading many negative comments about the Xojo I decided to buy anyway, but sadly I now see all those comments are true. Its like an cult of abused housewives that keep going back to their abusing husband as he keeps telling her that if she does not like it she can be out on the street without any support and without the kids.

Sadly, a screen shot of this entire post is a perfect example to potential buyers about what is wrong with the product. This product should have millions of paid users by now, considering how old the company. It does not - there is something wrong with those that run the company because the product and company policies are not meeting the needs of millions of users. If everything is all fine a rosy as you say then where are millions of repeat users?

No, we’re just following the rules of the beta program, not allowed to discuss things outside of the beta forum.

If everything is lousy as you say, why are you sticking around? If you have a cheaper alternative that works better with a better user community behind, I can’t think of one reason why you wouldn’t just move to that tool. Or just stick with Real Studio if is faster and have no use of the updates? You can just keep using that version, right?

Com’on Art, its not as bad as all that. The tool is inline with prices of many other professional toolkits. I’m not crazy about the price hike, but who ever is? My house insurance and cable/Internet bill went up quite a bit last year, most things cost more to produce each year, just the way of the world.

After finding out about the deception members of the beta program had a choice to quit the program did they not? They did not thus they are a party to the deception.

“I use my true name and my true face. I suppose some people that don’t feel like Zorro, the masked vigilante”

No, there are a small cult of RB, RS, Xojo users which actively retaliate against people that complain about the product by retaliating against them on other sites that have nothing to do with the product. Just ask the former Real Software employee who bragged about throwing a person who complained about the product “under the bus” on his own web site. So how did that work out for him?

I recall when the new IDE came out after 5.5 and telling this employee that the it did not work on multi monitor setups. I was then told I didn’t know anything anything and if I did not like I could leave. Then it turns out, via a photo posted on the employee’s web site, that they were programming RS on a single monitor setup. Later, they changed it - I think they even listed multi monitor support as a feature or improvement. We are continually told as users don’t know what is best for us.

So exactly why do you need to know another poster’s name? Are you planning to hunt them down on social media sites, web commerce sites, or via Google maps? Perhaps you’ve never heard about security. I could care less what the real names, faces, and location of their residence.

Since you like to use your real name and true face then I suggest you buy a plane ticket to Saudi Arabia and walk around the street with a large Christian cross on the front and back of your shirt while carrying a copy of the Bible. Or would it better for you to remain a underground Christian in that country? A more extreme example than Xojo, but you get the point - why show your real name and face when there is a historic pattern of rb, rs, and Xojo users stalking people who complain the product outside the forums and bragging about it.

“My house insurance and cable/Internet bill went up quite a bit last year, most things cost more to produce each year, just the way of the world.”

Mine auto insurance went down as my car is one year older. My cable bill is the same. My health insurance went up, but then it goes up every year as you are year older and a greater risk, but then again it did not double in price as Xojo did and without any warning. My health insurance company at least has the forethought of sending out a notice one month before the minor annual price increase, but not Xojo - they run a sale to invite you in and then suddenly double the price and announce the new framework. How exactly is that honest any any way. No doubt now we will some poster come in say they had to keep it secret from competing companies as competing companies might steal their new price structure and the idea about the new framework.

[quote=152285:@art ouette] Just ask the former Real Software employee who bragged about throwing a person who complained about the product “under the bus” on his own web site. So how did that work out for him?
[/quote]
Post a link to said “throwing under the bus” would you ?

art ouette better ignored. Such a pile of it :frowning:

Generally I’d agree.
But there is a statement there that I think requires clarification & correction.
Hence my request.

Actually that would be a pdf screen shot since said personal web site no longer exists. In any case the problem was previous solved - the said employee was 'let go" some time ago. I am sure you can figure out who on your own and keep the matter private.

So then, where are the millions of Xojo users? Considering how old the product is and how great its claimed to be then Xojo should have millions of repeat users with cash flowing like in like the outlet of the Amazon River. Its not so obviously the product is not meeting users needs - too many users getting burned over the years and dropping any further paid updates. If the product is not great that is because of the person who makes the decisions. Its like watching a old movie with Marie Antoinette in it who keeps telling the crowd to eat cake.

I think you need some professional help there, fella … suggest starting with “Anger Management”. Perhaps an additional session or two to help with your paranoia so you don’t fear “being hunted down on the web” so much. Try it (between moments of working with your fellow “millions” on whatever development environment it is that you felt was better, of course)… you might find some stability and common sense you currently don’t demonstrate.

Oh, and you were basically asked “to put up or shut up” with your accusation … you failed the “put up” part … so, please consider the alternative now.

Well there is just one thing you are not that invisible with Tor as you think…

Meh, speaking as a historical member of the various mailing lists from back to day one this sort of thing has always blossomed after such changes. And we’ve had periods of whining and crying over stuff. By far the majority of the time though the community is terrific and helpful. You just have to wait a bit till the crazy dies down and everybody gets back to work after the holidays :wink:

No Tor is not untrackable anymore. Search on google and you will find some of the ways to trace them back. Especially if they use the same Web browser before and after TOR.