What has happened to this forum/community?

Eric - I agree. I have only muted the unknown names, who have done nothing but troll :slight_smile:
I am happy to listen to peopleā€™s concerns, but have no interest in people just here to stir things up. Life is too short :slight_smile:

I would prefer to use my own account too but it was suspended a while back. Iā€™m not going to beg Xojo to reinstate it when I can just as easily create a new one. Also, itā€™s more fun to use temp accounts. Why? Because so many of you hate it so much.

No one hates it at all. Its pretty obvious who you are. Its just quite sad that you are finding time to spend back here banging on about whatever it is you are banging on about instead of doing whatever it is you have gone off to do which is so much better.

@Richard Summers, I havenā€™t even had a good look at the pricing, my licence expires next april time so I will worry then but as far as I am aware, the shift from euros to dollars has benefited us in the UK. I could be wrong but I think a pro license was Ā€799 and is now $699, just briefly then pro was Ā£633 and is now Ā£444 and iOS is added. Even if I donā€™t want to use iOS I am still quids in. Where is the problem in that. Lets all have a nice cuppa tea and relax.

[quote=151972:@Norman Palardy]A commendable thing.
Far too many folks use the internet & anonymous handles to be complete jerks.[/quote]

And then sync what they had to say to their twitter feed as if it wasnā€™t obvious.

Break ups are a hard thingā€¦ But this guy is just creepy.

Mike - I only briefly voiced an opinion over the pricing, as I only use OS X Desktop, which now receives no upgrade discount - meaning that things just got more expensive for me.

However, thatā€™s the way it is, and it is still (in my opinion) very good value for money, so I canā€™t complain :slight_smile:
I have no problem with anything. I simply chug along and go with the flow :slight_smile:

PS
I just drank my camomile tea :slight_smile:

[quote=151994:@Richard Summers]Mike - I only briefly voiced an opinion over the pricing, as I only use OS X Desktop, which now receives no upgrade discount - meaning that things just got more expensive for me.

However, thatā€™s the way it is, and it is still (in my opinion) very good value for money, so I canā€™t complain :slight_smile:
I have no problem with anything. I simply chug along and go with the flow :slight_smile:

PS
I just drank my camomile tea :)[/quote]
Me too, iā€™m only OS X although I am currently writing a XPLAT. what was the price before for desktop in Euros i donā€™t even remember

[quote=151994:@Richard Summers]Mike - I only briefly voiced an opinion over the pricing, as I only use OS X Desktop, which now receives no upgrade discount - meaning that things just got more expensive for me.

PS
I just drank my camomile tea :)[/quote]

It works out at Ā£62/year now for desktop. Ā£5 a month, come one Rich :wink: I loose more spare change down the back of the sofa every month

May I come round and clean your sofa :slight_smile:

No chance, I do it once a year when I need a new licence :wink:

Actually itā€™s Ā£5.16p per month!!!

Asking for a discount is not even close to what is going on here. Again, the changes are not a huge deal to me, but for others they might be. Just trying to be sympathetic to the notion that we are not all in the same boat.

Iā€™ve read the topics about price but havenā€™t commented because Iā€™m more interested in the technology side of Xojo.
It seems that there are still many options available to people as far as pricing is concerned. I tend to like the all in one bundle option, it seems simpler to me. I will probably play with the iOS stuff and even purchased a Mac Mini for that. I own a couple products that build for iOS now and wanted to see exactly how complex it is.

I think that the price discussion is healthy to a point but Iā€™m surprised that it is still going on considering Xojo has added some options to the original offering that seemed to address most of the concerns.

Kind of like a stalker

I agree, Mike. I get frustrated by the emotional level expressed in some of the discussions. On the other hand, the discussion itself is beneficial. If we donā€™t express our concerns, how is Xojo going to be able to address them? But some of the finger pointing and incrimination has been over the top! Iā€™d hate to be Geoff and have to wade through the sludge to get to the valuable comments. My hats off to him for staying engaged!

And coocoo crazies will always enjoyed cowardly polluting forums with their stupid trolls. Iā€™m muting you now, malevolent.

That would be very easy to track with the IP numbers. If they match another user, you just block his new account. Plain simple for the admin to do.

Yes, there where some heavy discussions at the beta listing regarding the new price scheme but other then that it is always been a very helpful community.

Harvey Smith admits using TOR, which can have all sorts of IP addresses. It is indeed untrackable. The only way to track that filth is simply by the content of his messages.

I simply have to restart my Box (router) to obtain a new IP. Iā€™m connect with the French host ā€œOrangeā€.
But I never do it except when connection trouble.
I use my true name and my true face. I suppose some people that donā€™t feel like Zorro, the masked vigilante :smiley: .

I am not sure of what I read above.

BUT: iOS have its own price, so Xojo (all other licenses) does not have to see their prices rising. The higher license was $1000 and now is $2000.

Also, 2014 will get only three releases (so this is one release every 122 days, not one each quarter (is thereā€™s a word to qualify one third of a year ?).

At last, the elephant gaves birth to a mice. I tried to read teh release notes, but goes away some lines after the New Features list. When I get a Mac back, I will try to read it again. I did not feel concernet by both the New Features nor the bug squashes I could read, thus my disapointment (chronical disapointment).

Not talking about Xojo 2014r3, I can talk about the lack of documentation on how to implement a custom icon on Windows 8 (current is 8.1). The forum was probably helpful (they gave links), but 16 years after the Windows comilation add into REALbasic, not having this essential feature documented is a pity*, a shame.

I am sorry.

Isnā€™t it a Pity, George Harrison, 1970.