I’m pulling my hair out trying to track down an issue with Xojo.GenerateJSON. Despite passing true to the second parameter, it gives me compact JSON. I’ve been trying to track down the issue so I can file a bug report, but I’m making no progress. Here’s some head scratchers
- This only happens in the ARM/Universal versions on an M1 processor. Intel versions are fine.
- A new project with the same input gives the correct result. This is true of the ARM and Universal versions of the new project.
- Sandboxing / signing doesn’t appear to be to blame. The new project is unsigned, the existing project has been tested without signing. No change.
- Both projects have otherwise identical build settings.
- Even as the very first line of App.Open, the incorrect result is still generated.
- Plugin caches have been wiped.
- Xojo 2021r2.1 and Xojo 2021r3
My test couldn’t be simpler:
Var Members() As String = Array("One", "Two", "Three") Var Dict As New Dictionary Dict.Value("Key") = "Value" Dict.Value("Number") = 1 Dict.Value("List") = Members Dict.Value("Key With Spaces") = "Yep" Var Result As String = Xojo.GenerateJSON(Dict, True) Break
So now I’m at the point that I’m wondering if somebody at Xojo could please look at the code and give me some ideas of things to test. What conditions exist that could possibly make this fail?