Web-App doesn't start after updating to 2018-R1.1

You might also want to check with tech support and see if there’s some sort of app-killer running on your server. We’ve seen configurations that will automatically kill apps that use 100% of the core they’re on for any significant amount of time.

I don’t know if this is related but fyi I’m trying to run a web app on a Raspberry Pi and it will run if it’s built under 2107r3 but not 2018r1 - and I do have libunwind8 installed. Others are having a similar problem. See this thread:

https://forum.xojo.com/48030-xojo-2018r1-1-rasp-won-t-run

[quote=389835:@Alberto De Poo]Alexandre, do you have a sample project that work with 2017r3 and not with 2018r1.1 on CentOS 7.2?

Maybe someone could test a VM with CentOS 7.2 and your sample project and find more information?[/quote]

i tested with a blanc project.
compiled by 2017r3 it’s ok
and not ok with 2018r.1.1

I checked. It’s ok.

i tested with a blanc project.
compiled by 2017r3 it’s ok
and not ok with 2018r.1.1

[quote=389902:@Peter Lawrence]I don’t know if this is related but fyi I’m trying to run a web app on a Raspberry Pi and it will run if it’s built under 2107r3 but not 2018r1 - and I do have libunwind8 installed. Others are having a similar problem. See this thread:

https://forum.xojo.com/48030-xojo-2018r1-1-rasp-won-t-run[/quote]

Thank you Lord!!!

I’m not the only crazy guy here!!!

Others are seeing the same problem.
https://forum.xojo.com/48030-xojo-2018r1-1-rasp-won-t-run/p1#p389956

Tim

again, to make it clear.
it’s the SAME project, compiled on 2017r3 and 2018r1

2017 works. it’s on “root” directory

now 2017 it’s “off”, inside 2017 directory
and 2018 do not work. it’s on “root” directory
(yes, i killed the process / port before change)

We have the same Issues with 2018 R1.1

Is anyone having this problem running their web app on XojoCloud or ServerWarp (1701 Software)?

From the information I read from this thread, the problem happens on CentOS and not Ubuntu, also from other thread someone is having same/related problem with raspberryPi.

Hi everyone!

I really need some help here.

All libraries are installed. Nothing missing. If i complile (using 2018r1.1) a simple “hello world” web.cgi, it does not run on “my” VPS Centos7.2 Server
(it’s a knownhost.com vps)

At my Centos installation (vmware) it works.

So, of course, the problem is on this VPS server.

I’ll apreciate any help!

A new important information from my VPS provider:

[quote]it’s not “plain vanilla” CentOS. This is a cPanel server, cPanel often has its own libraries and implementations that interact quite differently with third party software.
[/quote]

Oh my God!

[quote=391898:@Alexandre Cunha]A new important information from my VPS provider:
Oh my God![/quote]

Ah well maybe the mystery has been solved!

Never ran or installed Cpanel before so did not think about it using it’s own libraries.

Have you thought about ServerWarp or XojoCloud? Just as XojoCloud, ServerWarp specializes in servers configured for Xojo.

Because Events on the app class run before the Session events do. App.Open on launch obviously, and App.HandleUrl for each request that comes in.

Xojo Cloud is using Centos - so it seems limited to Alexandre’s server at this point. The Pi issues are likely not the same issue - Pi’s are consuming 100% of the CPU which is not the same as Alexandre’s issue.

[quote=391899:@brian franco]Ah well maybe the mystery has been solved!

Never ran or installed Cpanel before so did not think about it using it’s own libraries.[/quote]

It work with compiled version of XOJO 2017r3

So…

But that’s not the point anyway.

I’m using a compiled version of 2017R3 and it’s ok!… so, i want to use 2018r1.1…
All requirements are fulfilled. I really want to know what’s the problem.

Alex

[quote=392226:@Alexandre Cunha]It work with compiled version of XOJO 2017r3

So…[/quote]

OK so the search continues

[quote=392227:@Alexandre Cunha]But that’s not the point anyway.

I’m using a compiled version of 2017R3 and it’s ok!… so, i want to use 2018r1.1…
All requirements are fulfilled. I really want to know what’s the problem.

Alex[/quote]
But it only fails on your server. As we have mentioned before, Xojo Cloud runs on CentOS 7.x, so the bug is not in Xojo. It is a configuration issue on your server. We periodically have to change libraries and compilers to keep moving forward which may mean that servers need to be reconfigured to support the updates.

You have already said that your apps work in a CentOS 7 VM, so the problem is most likely caused by the CPanel library replacements. Have you tried installing the same version of cpanel on your vm to see if that makes Xojo apps fail too?

EDIT: NM. I see that they no longer have an open source version to install.