Web 2.0 WYSIWYG Theme Editor Request

So far Xojo team has done a great job with Web 2.0 in such a short period of time, I know it’s still a bit rough around the edges but they are in a much better place to improve compared to Web 1.0.

I (and many others) are missing the rapid development nature of the old Web 1.0 style system. I propose a theme editor page that allows us to have a list of themes we can select with all the relevant bootstrap parameters laid out right there in the editor. This would allow users who don’t want to touch CSS to adjust basic colors and styling while also seeing the changes instantly in the editor. Furthermore, themes could be applied to the session with “Session.Theme = MyDarkTheme”

I think it was talked about before (and decided it was a bad idea) making the editor page use the actual bootstrap Web UI so it will be exactly what you see is what you get with live resizing to see your pages on desktop and mobile.

If you think it is a good idea, I can make a feature request.

https://www.great-white-software.com/blog/2020/08/27/the-unofficial-list-of-web-2-0-deferred-items/

1 Like

There’s no need to make a feature request. It’s already on our list of things to do.

3 Likes