The Ohanaware App Kit Release 3

Ohanaware Announces the Ohanaware App Kit Release 3

I’mma very pleased to announce the latest and greatest update to our widely popular Xojo Add-On for making better Mac Apps.

The Ohanaware App Kit 2021 Release 3 is an incredibly exciting update to our Xojo Add-on that helps hundreds of developers to create compelling and modern Mac User Interfaces with the Xojo development environment.

Product Page - App Kit 2021 - Building Better Mac Applications
Demo app - https://ohanaware.com/appkit/OAK2021_demo.zip
Demo Video - Ohanaware App Kit 2021 Release 3 demo video - YouTube
Buy Now - https://www.omegabundle.net/

Version Changes

• File Wells, a place to drag files into and out of.
  • ListBoxForAqua, now works on 10.13 with Overlay Style scrollers and supports embedded controls.
  • Improved Control Animator for even easier and smoother control animations.
  • CALayers example.
  • Use unrasterized dynamic system colors with Xojo labels.
  • Catalina’s Color Sampler, makes it easy to select a color from the screen.
  • macOS Cursors, allow access to system wide cursors.
  • File icon module, allows faster conversion of file icons to Xojo.
  • Image Preview example, a quick way to present an actual preview of an image file.
  • WYSIWYG Font selector, with font filtering via locale.
  • Improved Marching Antz code, makes it more flexible in use.
  • HUD Windows, with additional code to make it resemble the Apple HIG.
  • Use the newer macOS 11 NSFontTextStyles with Xojo labels.
  • Level Indicators.
  • Display progress value in a ProgressWheel.
  • Quicktime movie player to embed in Xojo made Mac Apps, example of Quicktime Player window is also provided.
  • Refactored NSSavePanels.
  • Use system coloring for system icons.
  • Solved the Search Field not displaying correctly on 10.13.
  • More slider options, such as locking to tick marks.
  • Source Lists now support embedded controls.
  • Refactored splitters are now smoother and don’t fight for cursors.
  • More Text Area options, including how to use system Find Panel or Find Bar.
  • Vibrancy support to the sidebar, NSVisualEffectView and Popovers.
  • Clipboard demo, shows how to extract all data and provides improved support for folderitems.
  • NSEvent Monitoring allows controls to know keyboard and mouse status (without polling).
  • Haptic Feedback, shows how to make the trackpad vibrate for certain tasks.
  • Improved IOException handler, not only to provide a dialog to the customer but attempts to provide a message.
  • Image exporting example, shows how to set color space and meta data and other format customizations.

Last call for the Omegabundle

This is your last chance to grab the https://www.omegabundle.net/, which includes the best Xojo Add-ons available for a great price. Don’t delay any longer, otherwise you’ll miss out.

• Ohanaware App Wrapper - Prepare your application for the Mac App Store or Web Distribution (macOS only app)
  • Ohanaware App Kit - A huge collection of declares and objects that Ohanaware has created over the years to help us with crafting better macOS applications. Your next macOS app starts here!
  • ExeWrapper - Microsoft Authenticode Signing - right from Mac! ExeWrapper enables you to code sign Windows executables on a macOS machine. (macOS only app)
  • DMG Canvas - Drag, drop and design your disk image’s appearance and to easily and quickly create a fully assembled disk image ready to ship. (macOS only app)
  • GrafittiSuite Desktop Edition - 55 (up from 53 from 2020!) incredible user interface controls for Xojo that add value and improve the professional appeal of your Xojo applications.
  • XDL Library - Get some of the best articles from xDev Library, a brand-new ebook, Xojo Database Collection (XDL-0019), that weighs in at over 400 pages
  • MBS Chart Director for Xojo - Professional, interactive, real-time charts in your Xojo applications on Mac, Windows and Linux. Desktop, Console and Web projects.
  • MBS DynaPDF Starter Edition for Xojo - Create PDF files with your applications on Mac, Windows and Linux. Desktop, Console and Web projects.
  • Paradigma Software Valentina Studio Pro 11 - Ultimate reports designer, database administration and forms creation tool that runs on all three operating systems - Windows, macOS, Linux. Select one OS version.
  • Paradigma Software ValentinaDB ADK 10 for Xojo - Embed the ultra-fast, object-relational Valentina database into your applications and deploy royalty free - Windows, macOS, Linux, including Raspberry PI! Also works with local SQLite files and as a client to Valentina Server.
  • Paradigma Software Valentina Reports ADK 10for Xojo - Generate visually rich reports as graphics, web pages or PDF from your Xojo applications on Windows, macOS, Linux including Raspberry PI! Also works with local SQLite files and as a client to Valentina Server.
  • Paradigma Software Valentina Server Unlimited - 4-in-1 Reports Server, Forms Server along with two database servers: one built on object-relational Valentina Database and the other on SQLite. Report and forms serving works with MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server and the included Valentina and SQLite servers
  • xDev Magazine - Get back issues and a year’s subscription to xDev Magazine, the professional’s magazine for developing with Xojo.
  • XDC Developer Conference Coupon - Save $100 off of the XDC Developer Conference 2022 in London! Coupon must be used before the end of 2021.

Buy Now - https://www.omegabundle.net/

7 Likes

To make it easier to see the benefits of OAK 2021 Release 3, and what features it can bring to your Xojo made Mac apps, I totally revamped the web page providing an example list. Below is a sceengrab of a portion of the new page.

https://ohanaware.com/appkit/

This goes along side
Demo app - https://ohanaware.com/appkit/OAK2021_demo.zip
Demo Video - Ohanaware App Kit 2021 Release 3 demo video - YouTube

If you have any questions then please ask away.

8 Likes

This is amazing Sam! I’m looking forward to integrating some of these features in my App.

I guess the Omegabundle expired and there isn’t yet a link to buy just App Kit though.

1 Like

It still shows in their store. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Richard_Gorbutt just bought it.

2 Likes

I’m very happy with App Kit Release 3, which I finally bought as part of OmegaBundle 2021.

Sam, if you accept suggestions, I think you could improve the documentation and write/record some type of tutorial to make the learning curve easier for beginners.

Thank you for this fantastic piece of software!

Oscar.

2 Likes

Oscar,
Thank you so much for taking your time to write and tell me that you’re very happy with the Ohanaware App Kit 2021.

I apologize that the documentation is not up to scratch, I will put more attention on this in future versions.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Otherwise I look forward to seeing your apps and how they benefited from the Ohanaware App Kit.

1 Like