SoftDeclareMBS Failing to load library

I’m failing to load this Dylib and I get the following error.
I can confirm that the dylib is in the path provided, so I’m guessing the “image not found” doesn’t mean it can’t find the file.
Also there is a second unrelated dylib next to it that works. I compared both to make sure that the only difference was the referenced library. I bring attention to it as I am hiding the paths and the exact function name due to confidentiality requirements.

Error returned in the SoftDeclareMBS call:
dlopen(path intentionally obscured/Contents/Frameworks/dc.dylib, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/libopencv_calib3d.4.2.dylib

Referenced from: path intentionally obscuredContents/Frameworks/dc.dylib

Reason: image not found

Anyone have any suggestions? I’m concerned that this Dylib was written in a way that won’t allow me to load it from Xojo, but I’m not sure I know how to test for that.

You can inspect the Dylib with the nm command line tool. I think the command you want is nm -gu path/to/dylib. That will show global symbols (ie those you can use with declares) and undefined symbols (ones you didn’t export properly)

Your library needs another library in the same folder.

otool -L path

Shows dependencies.

yes, I found it.
I just don’t have the library. I’m returning to the vendor to have them make sure they packaged everything right.

the vendor mentioned this " On the Mac you may need to use the install_name_tool to set the ‘executable_path’ or ‘rpath’ on the Xojo app and libraries."

I’m not sure what this means. Their other libraries are all working fine.

I think that this conversation can give you some enlightening on the subject:

see blog post:
https://www.mbsplugins.de/archive/2018-12-13/LiteSync_and_Xojo

maybe it helps.

Went back to the SDK vendor and they acknowledged that they were missing some parts and will be updating it and adding an example project (which should be in every SDK anyway).

So until I get that, I’ll pause my search.

However thanks for all the information. This is all good stuff that I really need to understand better anyway.