VLC to be my music player - who has made one? How to?

If you’ve got the most recent version of VLC then it might be their libraries that have changed. I’ve had some success using it with the last release, but their most recent update broke everything on the Mac. They changed how the paths were embedded into the libraries and nothing could be moved anymore. I was able to fix it using otool -L to see what they were doing and the using installNameTool to change the all the paths that reference @rpath to instead reference @executable_path. In order to get it to work I had to do that in all the VLC libraries and also in each and every one of the plugins as well. But upon doing that it did work. I don’t know if you’re on a mac or not or if this has anything to do with your problem. There may be a similar setting on windows that has changed as well. I worked for a while to actually recompile them with the proper load paths but that turned out to be an even worse pain. Ultimately I think I’ve given up on them anyway as I really needed them to load an RTSP stream and they just don’t do it reliably. They leak memory and eventually something hiccups and they can’t recover but hog 100% of a CPU just spinning on their buffer and never output another frame until you stop and restart the stream. I’ve been futzing with them on and off for years now as there is no other way to open an RTSP stream that I’m aware of but they just don’t work worth a darn. It’s very disappointing and maybe is how I”m doing it :wink: Though I’ve started from Christians examples so I can’t be too far off the mark.