R3: WOW, what an improvement!

I have just downloaded RC3, and wow, it’s a wonderful improvement!

It’s more snappier, and it does indeed have more of a “native” look, mind you not completely, but it’s getting there. Great job Xojo!

Is RC3 different than 2013R3?? What platform are you on?

Ooops, I meant Release 3 (2013r3) I’m on Windows, and the Toolbar actually looks Windows-ish, not OS-X like.

Are you kidding Shane? The buggy behaviour makes it almost useless, at least for me.

I reverted back to version r2.

I am also coding in LIveCode which let me do the job done in more than half the time than Xojo. I am using LiveCode mostly for Android and IOS apps.

When the bugs are fixed, then Xojo has some possibilities for Windows - Mac - LInux development. But until that happens, Xojo is useless for me. In its present state I consider Xojo in alpha stage.

Shane wrote:
Ooops, I meant Release 3 (2013r3) I’m on Windows, and the Toolbar actually looks Windows-ish, not OS-X like.

So, now you can code way faster than before ?

[quote=38143:@Shane Gibbs]I have just downloaded RC3, and wow, it’s a wonderful improvement!

It’s more snappier, and it does indeed have more of a “native” look, mind you not completely, but it’s getting there. Great job Xojo![/quote]

Careful what you say in mixed company. I wrote an article for xDev magazine based on R3 improvements that were in beta at the time, and got savaged by the “grass is always browner” crowd here.

I am coding in LIveCode for almost 2 years now. I am only saying that using LiveCode let me work faster than in Xojo.

For Xojo I am waiting until it gets out alpha stage. I don’t care about other people, but I do not pay any company for an application which contain so many bugs as Xojo.

When buying any software I demand smooth behaviour. Xojo just does not meet my standards… yet.

[quote=38235:@Jannes Mertens]When buying any software I demand smooth behaviour. Xojo just does not meet my standards… yet.
[/quote]

My standard is will this tool help me make money. Xojo exceeds that standard.

Brad, you are lucky Xojo works for you. On the present moment Xojo does not work for me. However I believe Xojo will work in the future for me. Don’t get me wrong, I will not give up on Xojo. One day it will work for me the same as for you.

I have read your article in xDev which in my opinion it is a very interesting one. Keep up the good work and be creative! I hope to see more such articles from your hand!

What is is exactly about Xojo that doesn’t work for you? Could you be specific? I can’t find any cases in Feedback with your email address. Have you filed your bug reports?

his account states, “is not verified”… I smell a troll…

I believe all that means is there is no credit card purchased transaction that validates his name on file with XOJO. This could be possible if he just created an account to “try” the demo version, without actually purchasing anything. At least that is my understanding of Verified versus “is not Verified”

Maybe. But the references to “LiveCode” is a bit obvious to me. Why even say that?

Certainly possible… Especially since he didn’t answers Geoff’s request for what was wrong.

I am not a troll, I am a real person. I am using the free version of Xojo.

A friend setted up this account for me because he believed this forum could help me up and running faster with Xojo.

@Gary MacDougall
I just see your last post. Indeed I am using LiveCode for almost two years now. I had a lot of discussion using LiveCode / RealStudio (at that time). I was not convinced and did not want to put my money on it. However when Xojo was released I wanted to give Xojo a try. That is why I am using the free version. Is it wrong to try something new?

I will no longer attend these forums and will ask my friend to remove this account for me.

I think I just was validated. :wink:

Well, if he’s telling the truth and is trying Xojo, we may have just scared him off and that’s not a good thing.

He started comparing Xojo to LiveCode and said that “Xojo just does not meet my standards… yet.”

When you asked him what the issue was, he was more concerned with me calling him out as a “troll” than
answering your question – then he deletes his account?

I don’t believe you lost a sale on this.

Maybe I’m wrong, but boy… all he had to do was point out the issues, right?

If u ever used Ms-Access, you appreciate what Xojo can do and have done.

If u ever used Ms-Access, you appreciate what Xojo can do and have done.