Omegabundle for Xojo 2013: Valentina for Xojo Updated to 5.4

Posted to General because this covers Valentina DB for Xojo, Valentina Reports for Xojo (and Valentina Studio / Studio Pro - Reports are created in Pro).

If you are participating in Omegabundle for Xojo 2013 or purchased within the last 12 months, you are entitled to get this upgrade. FAQ for updating is here.

You can find a breakdown of the features improvements on the Paradigma Software blog entry here. If you are working with MySQL especially, we’ve done a lot of work to improve your experience with Studio / Reports.

Is Lynn a real person or just a spam bot?

I’ll list all your domains so you can stop spamming it all over the internet? Thanks.

http://www.proactive-intl.com
anvilheart.com
arajishi-jo.com
arajishijo.com
chatmemo.com
cityofvampires.com
clairefredricks.com
contactivate.com
contentdaddy.com
contentmama.com
cosplayartist.com
crossplaformmag.com
d20art.com
elven-village.com
gnome-village.com
halflingvillage.com
julesverne3d.com
macwarcraft.com
medievalvillage3d.com
meshinstall.com
mimester.com
mirye.com
miryestore.com
noahsark3d.com
northpole-village.com
nosferatu3d.com
orcvillage.com
poe3d.com
posermusic.com
poservendors.com
shadeblog.com
shadecamp.com
shadetrial.com
shroudedbymist.com
shroudedinmist.com
sleepyhollow3d.com
songofcthulhu.com
theshadeblog.com
toonbunny.com
tooncosmos.com
tooncupid.com
toonfolk.com
toonloops.com
toonpeople.com
toonsanta.com
towersofmagic.com
tracksofcthulhu.com
vueforum.com
wecreateeverything.com
worldsabaku.com
worldscreated.com
contentcreatorsguild.net
meshbox.net
revcamp.net
vanillastudio.net
vueforum.net
dungeonmodeler.com
omegabundle.com
3dbeaverton.com

[quote=29728:@Tony Stark]Is Lynn a real person or just a spam bot?
[/quote]
Lynn is a real person going by their real name.

Norman, it was sarcasm due to the fact their entire posting history here and on other sites is 100% advertising the omegabundle…

I easily found his facebook, youtube, linkdin etc simply by putting his real name + company name together in Google, just for the record…

If this doesn’t merit a ban from the forums, I have no idea what does.

Well as you check the person’s LinkedIn (he has a very decent profile) couldn’t you at least approach the subject with a little caution and ask some questions first? Yes discuss and disagree with people’s ideas about Xojo but not like you did above, that is just wrong. I wouldn’t like to think I could be subject to such public comments at anyone’s whim and fancy. I don’t like the public personal attacks on here - I find it most unprofessional.

At the very least your comments should be deleted, perhaps you should also consider a suitable public apology to Mr Fredricks rather than defending your post by claiming it was sarcasm, after all this conversation has been viewed 122 times already.

QED, re: to respect those wishing not to use real names and have a degree of anonymity.

We’d like to encourage people to use their real names here for the same reasons the Huffington post has also banned anonymous commenters. See any one of the articles about it like

Google for “huffington post bans anonymous”

And there was a CNN article on this a couple of days ago aas well, and I read dozens and dozens and dozens of comments from users that said they were no longer going to post on the HuffPost because they didn’t want all the nut jobs out there with access to their names. It was hardly a celebratory mood of , “Great, we’ll have so much better threads now.”

The intention is the same as our request - folks are more likely to be civil to each other when they can’t hide behind some anonymous handle.
Few people follow the rule of “if you would not say it to their face then don’t say it online”
Some simply convince themselves “oh I’d say that in person” which is usually so much BS - they’d never say the same thing in person that they say in anonymous posts, in emails etc.

Oh, I agree with that, but some are less likely to post.

I’d say that’s their loss

…and the loss to others that would have like to hear what they have to say. Most that doesn’t want their real name used are not doing so because they want to troll. They just don’t want their name used.

Rule 1 - follow the rules
Rule 2 - use your real name on here
… and I’m sure there are more but you get the idea …

We (and Huff post) set those “rules”

“But we want to participate but not follow the rules” - See Rule 1, then rule 2

Where are the “rules” posted?

There you’ll see rule 2 (copied here for your reading pleasure)

Forum Access
When enabled, you will be able to access the Xojo Forum. Be aware that with forum access enabled, your profile will be listed in the forum members list and your real name is displayed with your posts on the forum. Read our complete privacy policy.

Privacy policy
https://www.xojo.com/company/privacy.php

If you really need a list of “rules” I’m sure we can list them out
In the mean time I’d at least adhere to the ones from the old forums http://forums.realsoftware.com/faq.php#0

This should not be about anonymity, a member makes a perfectly good post and another member makes unfounded comments about the original poster after having trawled through various information sources.

Then to take the topic even further off track another member tries to claim this proves the case for anonymity?

Then we have a long conversation about anonymity and now rules (to which I am now contributing but in a protesting way). This should not even be about rules, it is just about not doing obviously wrong things in the first place.

They are not formally written down, but you are saying I need to follow them??

One, I just reread the privacy policy, it has zero to do with forum rules or forum etiquette.

Two, if you going to make statements like “we set the rules” and “follow the rules”, then “the rules” better damn well be written down somewhere. And don’t shove users off to an FAQ on an old forum, because I don’t recall checking the “You agree to the FAQ on the old forum in order to have access to the new forum” check box.

If you had just said we hope users know how to act on a forum but here are some guidelines, that would have been fine. But to chastise me with this “We set the rules” crap and you don’t even have them written down, is pretty lame.

reminds me of Lesley Gore’s song “It’s my party etc”. Besides I do not see much trolling here by “anonymous” posters, only people who use their real name feel the need to “flame” others with sanctimonious attitudes which, quite frankly, is making this forum quite toxic - and that is a pity.

Actually it is just about this ->

[quote=29713:@Lynn Fredricks]Posted to General because this covers Valentina DB for Xojo, Valentina Reports for Xojo (and Valentina Studio / Studio Pro - Reports are created in Pro).

If you are participating in Omegabundle for Xojo 2013 or purchased within the last 12 months, you are entitled to get this upgrade. FAQ for updating is here.

You can find a breakdown of the features improvements on the Paradigma Software blog entry here. If you are working with MySQL especially, we’ve done a lot of work to improve your experience with Studio / Reports.[/quote]
Well done Lynn and thanks for the information

(Lock the thread quickly Norman before Lynn gets any more free promotion :wink: )