New Graphics card - Windows PC

I’ve just updated my desktop with a new graphics card and now Xojo autocomplete (with options) appears in the middle of the Xojo window like this. I’ve got two screens and the primary with Xojo running is on the right. Prior the card when I was using the onboard graphics everything ok.

Any ideas?

Obviously Xojo's trying to tell you to get a Mac. It works properly across all three screens here :P

Have you set the DPI way up or … can’t figure what else might be affecting this

Maybe change font prefs to force a prefs rewrite. Or remove the .xojo_uistate file and restart Xojo…

[quote=98073:@Norman Palardy]
Obviously Xojo’s trying to tell you to get a Mac.
It works properly across all three screens here :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]
I actually did this specifically for Xojo & found the Mac Xojo bugs were just different from the real world ones, so reverted to the real world :slight_smile:

So getting over that. It was working perfectly before the upgrade, the problem persists when I move the project to the left (non-primary) screen and for new projects. Maybe I should just blow away Xojo & start again?

Can say I’ve got any clue why this would behave this way
I use dual monitors on a PC and 3 on my mac and can’t say I’ve ever seen that behavior

Only thing I ca think of is the card creates one massive “screen” that is presented on 2 physical screens but that would be kind of odd - although I have run into cards that did that but for a very specific reason & usage (made doing ads that played across multiple monitors dead say as it was one huge “screen” displayed chunked up across multiple physical monitors but that was eons ago)

Only thing I can think of is the left monitor is connected via a HDMI port which is “stretched” by the card software. I’ll take an angle grinder to the stand so I can use the DVI port & report back.

that just mean the pixels on screen are showing stretched but the resolution should still be whatever HDMI version you’re using 1920 x 1080 maybe

as far as Xojo is concerned the screen is however big

I’d almost write a little app and see what it reports for screens & resolutions

According to Windows the left screen is 1680 x 1050 while the right is 1920 x 1080 - left is HDMI, right is DVI.

And when you write a small Xojo app the read the screens ?
I can’t imagine that they report anything different

1680 x 1050 is an odd HDMI size though
Both of mine when run through HDMI report 1920 x 1080

Next step is the angle grinder - the screens have 75mm, but the dual monitor stand has 100mm too. The screen inputs interfere with the mounting bracket.

Well the angle grinder didn’t fix the problem. Both screens are now 1980 X 1080. On both screens Xojo autocomplete popup shows in the middle of the screen. Obviously this is a fringe issue and not a show stopper for me so I’ll live with it. At least the popup shows in the correct screen.

What happens when you run Xojo windowed and not fullscreen?

Is the graphic card toolbox able to tell your software to show every dialog/modal window/… centered on 1 (single) monitor? With nvidia settings i can choose left, middle and right which means every dialog windows is centered on left monitor or right monitor, or cut in the middle as left half on left monitor and right half on right monitor.

Doesn’t matter whether fullscreen or windowed.[quote=109110:@Thomas Rottensteiner]Is the graphic card toolbox able to tell your software to show every dialog/modal window/… centered on 1 (single) monitor? With nvidia settings i can choose left, middle and right which means every dialog windows is centered on left monitor or right monitor, or cut in the middle as left half on left monitor and right half on right monitor.[/quote]
Can’t see this option in my graphics management suite. The autocomplete popup is the only thing that is centered on the monitor where Xojo is running.

Disconnected one of my screens and now the popup is in almost the correct place - just a few pixels out.

You use Xojo on your right screen. How bout moving the Xojo window to the left monitor? Same issues?

write a little app and see what it reports for screens & resolutions
logically whats the set up of the screens ?

mine are (from left to right) L T W H
screen #2 -1920, 0, 1920, 1080
screen #0 0, 0,1440, 900 (this is how a retina screen appears to Xojo)
screen #1 1440,0, 1920, 1080

drag a listbox onto a new desktop project and put this in the open event of the listbox

[code] for i as integer = 0 to ScreenCount-1

Listbox1.AddRow str(i) + "- L T W H " + str( Screen(i).Left ) + "," + _
str( Screen(i).Top )  + "," + _
str( Screen(i).Width )  + "," + _
str( Screen(i).Height ) 

next
[/code]
standard dpi’s or set slightly higher ?
text font scaling on ?

Mine are
screen #0 0, 0, 1920, 1080
screen #1 1920, 0, 1920, 1080

I’m using standard dpi’s and scaling is off.

It doesn’t matter if Xojo is running on the left or right screen or fullscreen or windowed the popup is in the middle of the Xojo window or if the left screen is the master or the right.

This is obviously a fringe issue that really isn’t worth investigating. It’s just odd & I’m now used to it.

Thanks for all your help & suggestions though.

In case anyone’s interested the monitors are AOC 2450W’s and the card is a Radeon r9 270. The connection to both monitors is DVI. Running on Windows 8.1.

Found some info (Catalyst Center - Display Settings). There’s a setting bout dpi also. for each monitor.
Sadly i only found an image of AMD onboard card (not RADEON), but settings should be same:

So it shows in the middle of the screen on whatever monitor you have the IDE window with the code editor on ?
If you happen to open a second workspace on the other monitor and edit code in that does the autocomplete popup show in the middle of that code editor ?

It matters because “something” that works quite well on a multi monitor set up on the Mac is quite different on windows yet the metrics seem the same (or at least similarly reported)

Dual ASUS PB278’s
One HDMI one DVI
Neither running at full res (2560x1440)