New Graphics card - Windows PC

Norman, don’t forget that this was working perfectly fine UNTIL I changed the graphics card.

Thomas thanks for looking. I have image scaling turned off on my system.

Sure but the graphics card should be invisible to the IDE for this yet it seems to not be (for some odd reason).
It just makes me worried that way down deep there’s something not right and this simply revealed it - somehow.

[quote=110020:@Wayne Golding]Mine are
screen #0 0, 0, 1920, 1080
screen #1 1920, 0, 1920, 1080

I’m using standard dpi’s and scaling is off.

It doesn’t matter if Xojo is running on the left or right screen or fullscreen or windowed the popup is in the middle of the Xojo window or if the left screen is the master or the right.

This is obviously a fringe issue that really isn’t worth investigating[/quote]

Yes it is. Can affect more people and it could be just a positioning calculation bug only present in Windows when using multiple monitors or some other combination. Looks like it calculated an offset of larger screen and displaced that large number found in the current one or something weird like this. With just one monitor the displacement will be correct.

Check more data like:

For i as integer = 0 to ScreenCount-1
   Listbox1.AddRow str(i) + "- L T W H AL AT AW AH D+ str( Screen(i).Left ) + "," + _
                            str( Screen(i).Top ) + "," + _
                            str( Screen(i).Width ) + "," + _
                            str( Screen(i).Height + "," + _
                            str( Screen(i).availableLeft + "," + _
                            str( Screen(i).availableTop + "," + _
                            str( Screen(i).availableWidth + "," + _
                            str( Screen(i).availableHeight  + "," + _
                            str( Screen(i).Depth)
Next 

I am curious what those report since it certainly looks like an offset is wrong but I can’t figure out which

This is the result of Rick’s query

0- L T W H AL AT AW AH D0,0,1920,1080,0,0,1920,1040,32
1- L T W H AL AT AW AH D1920,0,1920,1080,1920,0,1920,1040,32

Do you autohide the taskbar? Available shouldn’t be the same as actual with the taskbar visible.

No I don’t hide the taskbar which is why actual height = 1080 while avaliable = 1040.

Missed that. The numbers look good then.

Only Norman will have access to the cause using those numbers as clues for finding the displacement. Maybe the displacement is somethings near 900 indicating a W/H exchanged due to some #if or whatever.

0- L T W H AL AT AW AH D 0,0,1440,900,0,22,1440,874,24
1- L T W H AL AT AW AH D 1440,0,1920,1080,1440,0,1920,1080,24
2- L T W H AL AT AW AH D -1920,0,1920,1080,-1920,0,1920,1080,24

very odd
I’ll have to see if I can configure dual monitors here for windows and poke around

I’m using my speakers (rather than headset) for the first time in ages (kids aren’t here to bitch about it) and guess what - clicking on the speaker icon presents a dialog in the middle of the main screen to set the volume (used to be down by the system tray).

Fuzzy logic … isn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Still thinking of some graphics card driver related settings wrong.
Such as ‘Show me important stuff right between my eyes … on screen 1’
(Otherwise the dialogs will be cut in two by the monitors left and right)

So it’s not a Xojo issue after all. That’s good to hear.

I never thought it was because it only happened with the new graphics card on the same monitors with the same rest of hardware, and that’s why I didn’t want Norman to spend too much time on it. I was hoping for a “switch this off & it’ll work” in the graphics driver. However I’ve tried all the suggestions & am prepared to live with the problem.

Stupid thing is I upgraded the card to play games & it’s only now I’m crook that I get to try it out.

Just a(nother) thought … are there still device drivers of the old graphics card installed? Or was it an onboard graphics card and it’s not disabled in BIOS? If so … check it out.