Linux SQLite Libraries - MBS SQL

Has anyone got the SQLite Libraries for Linux they don’t mind passing on. Would save me digging about for them.

Many Thanks

don’t you get it by installing a sqlite package in your distribution?

Sure - just wondered if someone had them to hand that’s all.

The biggest problem I have with the MBS SQL plugin is knowing which library goes with which DB platform on which OS, it’s just not obvious unless I’ve missed something. Then I have to start digging around to find it - it’s all a bit trial and error really. For me anyway.

Once I have that sussed the plugin is great but this is a problem for me.

Just to wrap this up - I have this sorted now.

If anyone needs the library, let me know.

Answered my own question - how nice :wink:

Excellent. In general I avoid giving away libraries for linux as they often don’t work due to dependencies.
It’s often better to simply use package manager to install the right package.
And if you have libsqlite.so file in /usr/lib, it should be found (or other places Linux uses for libs)

Patrick, if you have found the required .so file(s) can you please provide a link to them? Do you have the Mac and Windows libraries as well?

On windows I just put the sqlite3.dll from http://www.sqlite.org/download.html in my AppData folder and reference it.

On Linux Ubuntu 12.04 I installed Sqlite3 and reference ‘/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libsqlite3.so.0’.

I don’t use a Mac.

I can’t assume the user will have SQLite on their Linux distro… OSX has SQLite so can just make a reference “/usr/lib/libsqlite3.0.dylib”.

I’ll put a demo app together with the build steps and libraries for PostgreSQL and SQLite.

This will be provided AS IS!!!

(won’t be able to do this for a little while - got to feed the little man and get him to bed!)

MBS SQL Plugin looks for “libsqlite.so”.

I could of course just include a sqlite in the plugin for you guys.
An internal SQLite built in the plugin.

“libsqlite3.so” on Linux and “libsqlite3.dylib”. If it’s in /usr/bin, it will be found.

[quote=192387:@Patrick Delaney]I can’t assume the user will have SQLite on their Linux distro… OSX has SQLite so can just make a reference “/usr/lib/libsqlite3.0.dylib”.

I’ll put a demo app together with the build steps and libraries for PostgreSQL and SQLite.

This will be provided AS IS!!!

(won’t be able to do this for a little while - got to feed the little man and get him to bed!)[/quote]

I’d be interested in seeing this for OSX; I would like to be able to update it to the latest version of SQLite and also get a version running that allows the loading of extensions (The native OSX one doesnt). I know its more than just the libs of course. I’ve been running round in circles with this a few times.

[quote=192396:@Christian Schmitz]MBS SQL Plugin looks for “libsqlite.so”.

I could of course just include a sqlite in the plugin for you guys.
An internal SQLite built in the plugin.[/quote]

This would greatly simplify SQLite access and may be the better choice.

if you guys need any special switches be set for sqlite, let me know.

On Linux and Mac I think it’s in /usr/lib as libsqlite3.so.0.8.6 and libsqlite3.dylib respectively.

I added a new plugin part to SQL plugin.

If you call UseInternalSQLiteLibraryMBS at app launch, you use the sqlite lib I added to the plugin.
Your app will be a little bit bigger in that case, but include the library internally.

From where do we download this, Christian?

will be part of next plugin, of course.
maybe I upload tomorrow, when a few more things are done.

Thank you.

Thanks Christian.

http://www.macsw.de/plugin/Prerelease/

15.2pr2 is already uploaded.
Please try.