Just registered for XDC2018

Well, I bit the bullet and registered for the 2018 XDC so I will see many of you there. Will be only my 2nd XDC, the 1st was in Las Vegas.

Will have the chance to thank many of you in person for the help and assistance you have offered.

[quote=352238:@Bill Plunkett]Well, I bit the bullet and registered for the 2018 XDC so I will see many of you there. Will be only my 2nd XDC, the 1st was in Las Vegas.

Will have the chance to thank many of you in person for the help and assistance you have offered.[/quote]

I registered a few days ago myself before I hit the road again. Cant wait to see all y’all in Denver…

Going to be another good one, I can feel it.

This will be my second one, too. Looking forward to it.

I want to go to XDC2018, but the wife said No, No, No…

why? why? why?

have you been to any XDC before??

I have never been since it always coincides with a conference she chairs. I could go by myself, but it is a large cost for a few days of conference. So I make do with Berlin and Wimbledon. My life is pain…

We’ll still enjoy having you there in Wimbledon and Munich.
And maybe you start putting money aside for a 2019 XDC?

We are up to 65 people registered for XDC, a record number of early bird registrations! Looking forward to seeing everyone in Denver!

I am very excited to meet all my forum friends whom I have not already met. I will be giving an awesome presentation on how to use a unified HTML5 UI in Xojo Desktop, Xojo Web, and Xojo iOS. There are are some tips of the trade and code samples that will help you use/consume javascript with very little HTML5/Javascript knowledge.

My goal is after my session you see Xojo as a viable (if not superior) competitor to Electron apps (https://electron.atom.io). Electron has a lot of market penetration at moment but also comes with considerable disadvantages that allow Xojo to be superior. I’ll be sharing my experiences, demo a few sample apps we have built, and code to achieve similar results.

I will love to see this @XDC. I use atom as my editor of choice (outside of Xojo) and it is based on electron. And I am seeing more and more apps using it as the base of their apps.

Update: we only have about 25 spots left before XDC sells out! If you are already registered, don’t forget to book your hotel room here. If you haven’t registered yet, the time is now! Save $100 by Feb. 16, but register soon to guarantee you’ll have a spot!

Wow, maybe time to remember a few people to sign up…

Yes, if you have talked to anyone who is thinking about it, please let them know spots are filling up fast!

So sad I won’t be able to attend this year. :frowning:

This is my favorite event! Nothing but passionate Xojo users for days on end.

[quote=369292:@Bob Keeney]So sad I won’t be able to attend this year. :frowning:

This is my favorite event! Nothing but passionate Xojo users for days on end.[/quote]

WHAT!!! XDC WITH OUT BOB!!! OH NO!!!

We still hope to have Bob & Carol in Munich.

I still remember the days when I came to hotel in Frankfurt and found Bob in the lobby.

[quote=369292:@Bob Keeney]So sad I won’t be able to attend this year. :frowning:

This is my favorite event! Nothing but passionate Xojo users for days on end.[/quote]
You will be missed Bob! You were one of the first people I met at my first XDC back in 2008 in Austin! I’ll do my best to keep you updated on Twitter :slight_smile:

Most likely not going to happen. Crazy times at BKS World Headquarters with the senior heading off to university in the Fall! Speaking of which, might need to raise rates… :slight_smile: