Info about Xojo 2015 Release 3

It was a very nice version. Too bad Apple rejected apps containing calls to QuickTime in the MAS.

Indeed it is, works like a charm…except for that QT “accident” :wink:

Hahaha… the day before, some bugs has been reported under FC1.
You joke i guess ?! :smiley:
I think that you had scheduled to provide the Stable version for Oct 20th that’s all.
No need to lie Greg ! :wink:

Greg didn’t say there were no bugs but only no release-stopping bugs, so he didn’t and doesn’t lie.

Why? There are no more 50% off renewals. You might as well buy a new licence. But that’s old news …

In my projects the 64bit RUN option is inactive and when I compile gives an error and Xojo Quit and generates the following message: This application has encountered a fatal problem and must be shut down. ! :frowning:

[quote=222136:@Franck Danard]Hahaha… the day before, some bugs has been reported under FC1.
You joke i guess ?! :smiley:
I think that you had scheduled to provide the Stable version for Oct 20th that’s all.
No need to lie Greg ! ;)[/quote]
Thanks for that.

Look, the first Final Candidate is usually built from the same exact codebase as the last beta was, with the only differences being that it is a release build and that installers are included. That’s the only way that we can be sure to not introduce any new bugs at the last minute. As I said above, a really bad bug which affected a significant number of users would need to be discovered once we get to FC for us to re-enter beta.

FWIW, the later we get bug reports during the beta cycle, the less chance there is that we’ll be able to fix them in that cycle. Sometimes there’s a quick fix, but often there’s not and the closer to release a bug is reported, the more chance we have of creating another regression.

You have to Build right now to get 64-bit.

64-bit Guidelines

How do you test the 64 bit, it is greyed out.

Need to test before purchasing to make sure my app runs good.

[quote=222180:@George Balla]How do you test the 64 bit, it is greyed out.

Need to test before purchasing to make sure my app runs good.[/quote]
So you don’t have a current license but you want to compile?

Do you see the problem?

[quote=222182:@Markus Winter]So you don’t have a current license but you want to compile?

Do you see the problem?[/quote]

[quote=222182:@Markus Winter]So you don’t have a current license but you want to compile?

Do you see the problem?[/quote]

I can compile 32 bit and test, it runs?

Xojo has a 90-day money back guarantee. If you are specifically looking to try building for 64-bit but don’t have a current license, that’s the way to go. I’d bet you are able to get your app up and running in that time- and if not- you are covered.

[quote=222172:@Paul Lefebvre]You have to Build right now to get 64-bit.

64-bit Guidelines[/quote]

Tanks Paul,

Now I saw that the RUN button does not work on 64-bit anyway, so only the Crash that prevents me from compiling’s the problem!

Hello, I find out why was giving error at build in 64bit, it seems you have to save the files in 2015 r3 and then compile, open previous versions of Xojo files and build give error and the XOJO closes for me !

Dana’s announcement mentioned 64-bit as beta status. Is this considered a public beta?

It is what my company calls “Production Beta”. There are features still missing and somethings may not work as expected but it is considered safe to use where 64 bit is a must have to complete a contract. So unless you need that bullet point I would keep going as you are and just test your code against the current version until the next update.

I understand it to be the same as how Cocoa was indicated as “Cocoa (Beta)” in the RS build settings for quite a while, until that mention disappeared when Xojo came.

and they did the same thing with iOS for a while.

Private - thats why its publicly accessible by anyone on the planet :P

I get this error with MBS Cocoa Plugin in Xojo 3 but not in Xojo 2.4:
NSSearchFieldControlMBS1 on Window1 implements the event “TextDidChange” but its SuperClass NSSearchFieldControlMBS has already implemented the event