Info about Xojo 2015 Release 3

[quote]Xojo 2015 Release 3 is one of the largest releases on Xojo history. Major changes and new features include:

a 64-bit Desktop, Web and Console apps for OS X, Linux and Windows
b Raspberry Pi 2 (32-bit ARMv7 Linux) apps for desktop, web and console apps
c Web Drag and Drop support
d The ability to create bookmarks to lines of code
e iOSLabel now supports different line breaks
f You can now “Collect” all your project items into a single bundle to make distribution easy
g All-new Uniform Type Identifier editor for managing files used by your apps
h iOSContainerControl to create reusable iOS controls[/quote]

I will comment only on entries I love / need more data:

a. 100% 64-Bits ?

d. What use for ?

f. I think that I will love this one. Does that means that the “bundle” will have all -BUT only - Project stuff ?
I mean: all other RELATED stuff (like backups, description text, folder with ideas to implement, etc. all that I have now in my project folder) stuff will be out of the project “bundle” ?
If so: GREAT FOLKS !
And for those who use Git (and friends): far greater !

g. More data is requested to understand.

As I write here, the doswnloading us running, so no inputs from there.

Did i miss something? Has R3 already been released? Can’t see it anywhere.

I think I missed it too. Can’t download it from the Xojo site yet. Has Emile crashed Xojo’s party?

Xojo 2015r3 Release Notes.

There’s a webinar about Raspberry Pi support later today(thuesday) so maybe they are preparing for a release by putting up the release notes :wink:
I need to hold on to my money though, need new winter tires… :stuck_out_tongue:

A typo in the first sentence does not bode well:

[quote=222041:@Emile Schwarz]I will comment only on entries I love / need more data:

a. 100% 64-Bits ?[/quote]

Of course. What did you expect? Partly 32bit, partly 64bit? :slight_smile:

OCaml has 63-bit integers…

[quote=222046:@Albin Kiland]There’s a webinar about Raspberry Pi support later today(thuesday) so maybe they are preparing for a release by putting up the release notes :wink:
I need to hold on to my money though, need new winter tires… :P[/quote]

Imo 2015r3 is a must buy. Just for being able to compile your apps to 64bit

Do you want me to slip of the road!? I’m flabbergasted!
Joking aside…need to find new projects to make money for an upgrade…I’m still on 2013r3.3(a good release nevertheless) :slight_smile:

Should we start a rant, because Xojo Inc. promised a 64-bit version and it is still not available?

(This is a joke!!!)

Looks like a big Oops for Xojo. Well spotted Emile & Eli

I wish someone would proof-read the release notes. Quite a few mistakes, and note that “its” <> “it’s” (eg 38093)

Btw on my iPad I can’t seem to copy text from the documentation to send feedback about errors … not sure about my Mac or PC.

Since we have seen this impressive long list we feel that we cannot live without any longer.
Although most of us will keep this ambitious version beside current version 2015R2.4 and not instead of, since it could be to risky for usage in existing projects. Feels like most companies waiting for SP1 before they consider migration to the new platform.

I already saw things like that in my nearly 40 years in the computer business…

I do not think so.

I check everyday the docs’ Latest Changes, saw something / understand it wrongly / check the developer xojo web page, saw the release notes for version 2015r3, go to xojo downloads web page and found the files to downloads there.

ALSO: not checked today, but sometimes when I fire Xojo (always 2014r1), I get the “zn upgrade exists: do you want to download it?” window. Niiiiice Windows I have to say.

I do not do anything special at all.

Nota: I do not even realized that I do not saw the Xojo [ANN] until I read answers in this page.

Sorry Xojo people, I do not meant to hurt.

Not your fault :slight_smile:

I haven’t found it. It still says Release 2.4.

Here you are:
ToC
2015r3

Not already 9 in Texas…

Thanks Eli for asking… I found a page that describe File Type Sets (not yet read) here. Link available from the main Release Notes page.

Nice pages. Done using Xojo Web ?