Info about Xojo 2015 Release 3

This apparent mistake indicates 2015R3 should soon be here[quote=222054:@Eli Ott]Should we start a rant, because Xojo Inc. promised a 64-bit version and it is still not available?

(This is a joke!!!)[/quote]

Yes, please, start a rant :wink:

Jokes apart, this blunder gives a hint at how close 2015R3 is to be releasedā€¦

http://developer.xojo.com/file-type-sets:

Warning on the list of file extensions, in the image below the Common File Types part:
.asc,.ascii, etc.

If you use the PopupMenu trick on Open / Save dialogs, that is the text you will getĀ… either put first YOUR beloved file extension or just put there the want you needĀ…

Oh: still no default UTI for SQLite ?

Read:
here.

Sometimes you need time to achive what you want to and sometimes you do not have it under the current schedule and have to post pone thingsĀ… a bit.

I am sorry, but every 15Min I am pressing this stupid ā€œCheck nowā€ Button :slight_smile:

JAAAAA!!! itā€™s here!!! But release text is still from 2.4

I just posted it! You can download it at http://www.xojo.com/download.

thank you Dana no need, got all Info already in beta. Intention was just to inform you, not that anybody will start to rant about this :slight_smile:

Thank you Dana. For some unknown reason, I was starting to haveĀ… some fear.

Now, I will be able to install it and try it this afternoon !

PS: usually, I discover a new Xojo release the day after it was available (the next morning for me in France). For onceĀ…

Congratulations to Xojo for 2015 R3! This is the biggest release that I can remember and Iā€™ve been using the product since day 1. A huge amount of work has gone into this one, thanks to the whole team.

Kudos!

An impressive List of Fixes, Changes, Improvements and new Features! Thank you! :slight_smile:

64 bits are hereā€¦ GREAT!!! Thanks

Definitely a release the Xojo team can be proud of. After reading up on LLVM it is pretty clear that the new ā€œLLVM featureā€ couldnā€™t have been trivial thing to add.

Thanks Xojo.

R3 stable, including the same bugs like FC1.
Some bugs presents into FC1 are still there in stable version.
I donā€™t understand why.
From my side, i believe that FC1 is the same like stable version.

Wait and see. :frowning:

[quote=222117:@Franck Danard]R3 stable, including the same bugs like FC1.
Some bugs presents into FC1 are still there in stable version.
I donā€™t understand why.
From my side, i believe that FC1 is the same like stable version.

Wait and see. :([/quote]
Thatā€™s how Final Candidates work. If there are no release-stopping bugs, it becomes the release without any changes besides the file name.

Bugs or not, this new release is very impressive. I am joining several others in congratulating XOJO engineers for a job well done!

You deserve a break nowā€¦

OK break over. On to R4! :wink:

Think Iā€™m gonna get a Pi Console license at least to play with my Pi2 :smiley:

Unless you absolutely need console, you can start with desktop and webā€¦

We have an expired Pro licence for 2013r3.3 that we eventually will renew and include Pi. But I wanna play with it now! :wink: