Image vs ImageSet

Is it still possible to drag an image into the IDE and have it NOT become an ImageSet? (like the days before ImageSets existed)

I have a personal need for a program to find all the Images in a project file (XML version) and determine if they are referenced or not
To this end I wanted to create a small test program that had both stand alone images and imagesets.

(before anyone starts :slight_smile: I realize that this will not be 100% effective, but the app I want to analyze has had literally hundreds of icon images dragged into it, and as the app progresses I have swapped in newer ones, and want to make sure I have removed all the “trash” ones

My app uses only Imagesets, but I thought I’d make it more generic if possible

The image managment really sucks. As for adding an image, in theory according to xojo, you have to disable the Supports Hi-DPi setting.

that did it

Thank you for the question and the answer.

When an ImageSet exists in a project, this project cannot be opened with an IDE that do not know what ImageSet is !
(specifically 2015r1 issue an error message and refuse to open the project; I use it to generate applications when by hazard, I create the project or save it with the current Xojo).

IF your app is set to support HI-DPI simply hold the option key down when you drag the picture in and it will be an old “Picture” instead of an image
IF your app is set to NOT support HI-DPI simply hold the option key down when you drag the picture in and it will be an image

Option inserts an picture as “the other type”

Thanks… got it all working, and the app this was for is posted in another topic for anyone that wants to use it

[quote=454945:@Norman Palardy]IF your app is set to support HI-DPI simply hold the option key down when you drag the picture in and it will be an old “Picture” instead of an image
IF your app is set to NOT support HI-DPI simply hold the option key down when you drag the picture in and it will be an image

Option inserts an picture as “the other type”[/quote]

Care to make a cheatsheet for these actions?

Link to the topic might be useful Â…

Image Resource Analyzer:
https://forum.xojo.com/56000-image-resource-analyzer

Doesn’t work with png images.

Did here on macOS 10.14.6
In fact that was the first image type I used

[quote=454957:@Derk Jochems]Care to make a cheatsheet for these actions?[/quote]http://documentation.xojo.com/getting_started/using_the_ide/navigator.html#Adding_Images_and_Pictures

[quote=454970:@Norman Palardy]Did here on macOS 10.14.6
In fact that was the first image type I used[/quote]

macOS 10.14.6, Xojo 2019r1.1, doesn’t work (with any images, not only png):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnzzxU5bcYs

However, sometimes it actually does work, but it is quite random. Seems to depend on various things, like whether another project is open or whether I am option-dragging from an active or inactive Finder window.

Low memory conditions ?

I don’t think so. 24GB, 6GB still free right now. And I was testing it on an empty project.

DratsÂ…

I can Option-drag a JPG or PNG on a new empty project without problems.
I can Option-drag a second one without problems.
But, if after dragging the first image, then delete it, then try to Option-drag the second one, I always get an ImageSet and not an Image.

More tests with a PNG image:

• if the image is showing the icon representation in Finder, I can’t Option-drag it to Xojo and get an Image, always get ImageSet
  • if the image is showing as listing in Finder, I can Option-drag it to Xojo if I don’t drag it directly to the left panel (need to drag it over the Window1 without dropping it there and continue dragging to the left panel)

I guess that is why some can Option-drag and others can’t.

Edit:

Turn HDPI off, drag the image, then turn it back on

The summary is: this feature has bugs. A variety of them, and with combinations.