How Can I Use Only the Keyboard to Create Classes, Properties, and Methods in the IDE?

Continuing from Where Do I Put Code to Create Classes?
Running Xojo 19.3.1 on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

Since I am a touch-typist, I much prefer to keep my hands on the clipboard.
A recent inspection/test of the IDE reveals that it may be possible to Use Only the Keyboard to Create Classes, Properties, and Methods in the IDE.
While it looks like you can set a shortcut for most menu commands, I don’t see one for creating a subclass. Anyone know how?

I’m wondering if there are any other “keyboard” people out there who have perfected this technique in the IDE?
If so, I’d really appreciate it if you could share your technique. I think a lot of Xojo users might find it useful.

TIA.

Existing keyboard shortcuts include :-

Ctrl + Shift + p to create a property
Ctrl + Shift + c to create a constant
Ctrl + Shift + m to create a method

I’ve configured my system to :-
Alt + Shift + c to create a class
Crtl + Alt + p to create a computed Property
Alt + Shift + p to create a shared computed property

These are on Windows, but I’m sure are available using Mac keys

[quote=492583:@Jim Underwood]I’m wondering if there are any other “keyboard” people out there who have perfected this technique in the IDE?
If so, I’d really appreciate it if you could share your technique. I think a lot of Xojo users might find it useful.[/quote]
It’s not been fully possible for a good number of Xojo releases - since REAL Studio. You must be sure to click the proper header (Class, Constant, Method, etc.) first, and then the appropriate shortcut will work. And be aware that tabbing out of the new item name or parameters fields can leave you will something besides what you typed.

<https://xojo.com/issue/58246>
<https://xojo.com/issue/53677> (still occurs even though marked as fixed)
<https://xojo.com/issue/48967>

and others. Linux is the worst, macOS second, and Windows is the least offensive.

That’s too bad. Let’s hope the Xojo dev team will get this fixed.

That part I have figured out – it’s pretty much expected.

[quote=492597:@Tim Jones]And be aware that tabbing out of the new item name or parameters fields can leave you will something besides what you typed.
Feedback Case #58246[/quote]
That seems to be fixed in Xojo 19.3.1 on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave).
I just tested it, typing the full method line [myMethod(p1 as string) as string], press return, then TAB 4 times to get to the code editor.

I don’t see the other two Cases as being an issue for me.

[quote=492611:@Jim Underwood]

That part I have figured out – it’s pretty much expected.[/quote]
I don’t expect it. If I’m in a Window, Module, or Class and I type CMD-OPT-P, what else could I mean except create a new property? Why should I need to click the Properties header? Needing to pre-click with the mouse, takes my hand off the keyboard and I may as well just right-click and choose “Add To ???” → “Property” from the contextual menu.

The other two are just more examples of how working with only a keyboard are broken.

Tim, I just tested this, and I am seeing different behavior than you are.
I tested adding a new property by shortcut key with the focus in these items, and in all cases the property was properly created in the appropriate window/class:

1. Select an existing property in a class
  2. After having created a property, and focus is still on property name in the Inspector
  3. Select a method in a control on the Window

So wherever the current focus is, it is creating the property in the correct class/window.

Running Xojo 2019r3.1 on Mojave