I have seen many a time posts here from people who desperately seek a Weblistbox that would simply be “just like Desktop ListBox”. Not necessarily additional bells and whistles, but basic features that the current WebListBox lacks.
I know there are already several solutions around, but since I will probably need it for a coming project, I think about giving it a shot. My idea is to mimic as closely as possible the Desktop one. So far, here is what I feel the current control need added :
- CellType and ColumnType setter and getter with all current types available in Desktop, including ListBox.TypeEditableTextField and ListBox.TypeEditableTextArea. The second permitting multiline input, since that is one of the advantages of WebListBox over Desktop. ListBox.TypeCheckBox or course.
- ColumnWidthActual : actual pixels, instead of “*”
- CellPicture, with Picture and URL, analogous to the way it works with WebImageView. The picture will show behind the text, as it does in Desktop.
- ScrollPosition and ScrollPositionX, both getter and setter.
- CellHelpTag. I have seen that request often and since it is possible …
- ScrollBarHorizontal and ScrollBarVertical as boolean to hide if needed
- MouseXY based on code that will soon be in XDev, which provides the X and Y position of the mouse in the browser without resorting to traffic intensive MouseMove.
I am confident I can bring all that to fruition. I have specifically decided to leave aside hierarchical ListBox for the moment. But is there any specific feature of the Desktop Listbox you think should be brought to WebListBox ?