Future WebListbox custom control wish list

I just played with drag and drop within WebListBox. Good news are, it is possible. Reordering as well as dragging and dropping between listboxes. However, it will require too much work to be in version 1. It is duly slated for V2, though.

Same thing for ListBox.ColumnResizable. Preliminary work shows it is possible to do that in the header in JavaScript. But implementing it will be tricky, so I don’t want to cumulate too much possible issues on the beta version.

This is fantastic Michel! Will it be possible to include html in cells?

As far as I can tell, it is already possible with plain WebListBox.

This displays the first line within the cell as headline 1 big and green, and the second line as normal red :

[code]me.addrow(“

zozo

Second line

”)/code]

me.addrow("<big style='color:green;'><h1>zozo</h1></big><p style='color:red;'>Second line</p>")

Thanks for that suggestion Michel. I tried what you suggested and saw the following… If your class handles this, I’d love it. I’m currently using the WebListBoxTD from the webcustomcontrols.com to accomplish this.

http://CampSoftware.com/files/LongTerm/WebListboxWithHTML.png

is it possible to have hidden column where you can put extra information just like the usual listbox?

The RowTag works like that now. Is that what you were looking for?

when i start using weblistbox ages ago ( at least 2 years) i cannot have hidden column and hal i don’t mean row tag. i want to have column with 0% for example… 0%,0%, 40%,30%,40%

[quote=232547:@Hal Gumbert]Thanks for that suggestion Michel. I tried what you suggested and saw the following… If your class handles this, I’d love it. I’m currently using the WebListBoxTD from the webcustomcontrols.com to accomplish this.

I see. 2015R3 and higher works like I told, but indeed, 2015R2.4 and previous do not.

I will see what I can do.

For technical reasons, a column cannot have a width of zero in WebListBox. So it is not possible to hide a column. As Hal mentioned, you can use RowTag, ColumnTag and CellTag to hide information.

If you really need to store more, the best remains to use an array next to the WebListBox. Dim to RowCount-1.

[quote=232448:@Michel Bujardet]As far as I can tell, it is already possible with plain WebListBox.

This displays the first line within the cell as headline 1 big and green, and the second line as normal red :

[code]me.addrow(“

zozo

Second line

”)/code][/quote]

Awesome ! didn’t knew this, thanks a lot Michel.

This works only for 2015R3 and up, apparently.

For other versions, I will add a CellHTML() method.

This thread is broken. It does not stop on the last post :frowning:

Starting a follow up here : https://forum.xojo.com/28245-future-weblistbox-custom-control-wish-list-the-sequel