Does someone wants to put my game on AppStore

Jeannot Muller, you can also visit me in my home. If my wife is here, you will have good food, if not, you will regret to not eat the jail food :smiley: .

I found the Hasbro page where ask for use their trademark. I fill their PDF and sent it to the email they indicate. They say they usualy answer within 4 weeks, if after 6 weeks we didn’t receive an answer then the answer is NO.

Years ago, I was really happy when I did the animation when we drag and drop the cover (which hide the combination). It come back to its original position with a boiinngg song.
I’m the first (and sometimes the single) user of my applications, and I had to modify things. When I play, I put to the bottom of the deck the pawns I’m sure they are in the combination, and to the top the pawns I’m sure they are not. Then I allowed the move of the pawns in the Deck, we couldn’t before. But when I moved pawn, sometimes I put one of them over another one. So I modified the code to avoid that. Another problem was : In which direction push the pawn, and when a pawn was pushed, which other pawns it push, and so on. I was as proud as a kid coming home from school on his own for the first time.
As it’s simple circle, I calcule the distance between the center of each pawn. I didn’t know Xojo has an instruction to catch if two draws have interaction, I discovered it last week launching the Xojo exemple “SpaceRocksDesktop.xojo_binary_project”.
Short video

Note : If you try the game, just click “I’ve already donate”, or click “donate” and close the window which opens in the browser, my code set the flag to true (donation made) as soon as I do ShowUrl .

1 Like

I really hope you will get a YES from Hasbro. The graphics of your game are well done, the gameplay is also good. Saying yes from the viewpoint of Hasbro can also be good public relations for them.

I hope you follow my advice and also implement the AI so the player can also set the colours for the computer. And because of Covid-19, it would be nice if I can play online with my wife and her daughter of 12 which like playing too much.

Anyway, I just donated 3 euro for your excellent game. I hope other members here will do the same, so we motivate you to be creative and create more interesting games.

Wish you much success and hope to see more of your work in the future.

Chris

3 Likes

Chris, thank you very much but I’m embarrassed. I’m here to ask some help, not to sell my product. I have 11 others softwares and I don’t think I will develop other, it already take me many times.
You wrote

What I like to see is the player set the color combination for the computer.

I thought you saw it is possible. In the file menu you have “New game” and below “create combination” (I don’t remember exactly what I wrote in English). Place yours pawns as if you were searching a combination, select this menu, and it will be the new combination. But the goal is to play with a second person, this person does not look at the screen, you make the combination, and you let him/her play.
But program an AI to make the computer find the combination ??? It would be hard for me and who will use that ?

And you give me an idea, it is now possible to send a combination to someone :

• Create a combination as I explained above.
  • Save the game.
  • Send the file by email to a person.
  • He/She save the file in a folder he/she receive.
  • He open it with SMasterMind.

I will do approximatively that except the content of the saved file will be in the clipboard. I will add a menu “copy game to clipboard”. Then the person paste it in an email. And I will add a second menu “load game from clipboard”.

I added 2 menu, the first is “Copy combination”. The user will have to paste the clipboard in an email, the person who receive the email copy the string code and select “Paste combination” in SMasterMind. I explain that in the FAQ (link from Help menu).
I use for a long time a Method which encrypt string. And I use it here, because if the person who receive the email see : “3 3 3 5 4 1” he may guess the first 3 pawns are the same color.
I use the same encrypt for the serials when my Apps are sharewares. Easy to crack I think, but it is not Apps to protect nuclear weapons, just simple Apps. :smiley:

Thank you for your interesting game and your suggestions. Excellent customer support!

Chris