Congratulations

Congratulations to Xojo R&D and all testers. The 2014R2 list is impressive.

Yes, some good bug fixes and features :slight_smile:

As we know, the best drive comes from celebrating milestones that have been met.

And there’s a few things that have been improved (not totally fixed so they’re not listed as “fixed”)
Case 24298 (namespaces objects don’t autocomplete) should work better but structures are still not working quite right
Case 26799 (forward back buttons) work better - they still have issues when overloaded methods are involved
Since they have outstanding known issues they’re not marked fixed

Agreed Kudos to the team. It’s an impressive release.

I have found no mention of my main favorite of this release: The speed of the desktop listbox! It’s really nice to scroll now, no matter how many rows are displayed.

Also, not sure if this was addressed with this release (was it?), but I see a noticeable difference and improvement in speed with a Window i’m working on with 105 Labels and 60 Canvases on it. It seems much more responsive and quick to acknowledge clicks and add code, move stuff, etc. Using Windows 8.1, i7 and 8GB RAM. Love it! Anyone else seeing this?

I’m happy about 32973 and that probably makes window functions faster.

That one is only partially resolved as we had to roll back changes on the Windows side of things for the moment :frowning:
Hence “improved” but not “fixed”

I see. For the Mac part, a triple hooray to you! I lived in fear I’d have to understand the Apple docs on NSTableViews somehow, but I wonder if they are written for more mortals.

[quote=106783:@Norman Palardy]That one is only partially resolved as we had to roll back changes on the Windows side of things for the moment :frowning:
Hence “improved” but not “fixed”[/quote]
Hey turn that frown upside down, “improved” is better than “left a gaping hole”
Thanks for all your (and everyones!) work :slight_smile:

[quote=106788:@Tim Parnell]Hey turn that frown upside down, “improved” is better than “left a gaping hole”
Thanks for all your (and everyones!) work :)[/quote]
I just like to say “FIXED” darn it - hence the sad face that there are a bunch we made improvements but didn’t outright fix

major improvements, thanks. Now my app looks right again.

Yes! Great job - scroll wheel on mouse on Windows works now!! yippee… Thanks!

Don’t be too down about it though: ListBox on Windows is no slower than it used to be and it was always faster than the Cocoa side of things.

EXE’s and debug-builds show in the Task Manager only to terminate never displaying. Did notice better IDE performance and many bugs are gone. Will try reinstalling tomorrow, maybe that will fix the issue?

Yep… thanks Xojo. You’ve done great with this release. Especially like the speed with which the local LR now loads.

Is it conform to the UI Guides to have so many information on a single window ?
Are your target customers owners of 8GB machines ?

That one was literally a 0 code change improvement.
It had everything to do with the data that makes up the local LR - no code.

Post your Xojo 2014 Release 2 review here today and I’ll send you you’re very own Xojo pen! http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/8438/xojo