Compilation of "App" Failed

Tried a reboot?

No, Anthony suggested that earlier on in the thread. Its on the main HD.

1 Like

In your user home folder or documents?

Yes.

Documents.

Could it be that your app is not allowed to be written to there? Tried privacy settings in macos and check if xojo has access to that folder?

Yes, access privileges are set to read and write.

Try to change the bundle identifier in build settings MacOs in the xojo ide. then try again.

Still get same error message.

FS error 2 on MacOS could mean:

Type 2 Error (Address Error)

Just like type 1 error, type 2 error occurs because of a memory-addressing failure. A failure that falls into this category of system errors is an attempt to access data that is stored somewhere else in the memory. Another cause of type 2 error is the inability to read data from an odd address. A user is also presented with the error message if their CPU doesn’t support certain instructions such as 030 request. A solution for type 2 error is to allot more memory to the attempted app.

Too low memory ?

33G of HD plus RAM running at under 50% …shouldn’t be the problem.

How big is the xyz.png (don’t expect much but you’ll never know)?

Maybe you memory could be corrupted/damaged ? Just try to see how many GB ram xojo is using check the activity monitor perhaps?

So I know Anthony asked you in the second post about cloud sync solutions, but are you absolutely sure you’re not running into that magic “my files are really in the cloud and what exists locally isn’t real” thing?

2KB.

7.2GB

png is ver low. But Xojo is rather high… i use on average 3,2 GB on xojo using ALL plugins i have…

Did you try to clear the cache in xojo ? and Did you try to re-install xojo ?

Yes, I don’t use iCloud Drive on the Mac - it is empty. All files are in my Documents folder. I do have DropBox, iCloud Drive, Google Drive on the mac but they are not used for development files.

I will re-install Xojo and revert back. I have all MBS plugins installed - takes an age to load.

1 Like

I know same happens on my 6 core mac… takes a long time

Reloaded Xojo. Now takes 2.55GB RAM. I had hoped this would be the fix - but no - still same error.

How do you clear Xojo cache?

have you cleared the xattrs and acls on the PNG file it is complaining about. With ACLs it is 100% that you can read/write a file, but not delete it.

chmod -RN <path/> (IIRC)

In xojo preferences (builds)